PDA

View Full Version : Drying Towel Recommendations

Pages : [1] 2

spielwurfel
06-05-2016, 12:38 PM
Hello guys

Could you recommend some drying towels? I currently use waffle weave towels, but they never seemed to be too proper for this task (except for the glasses). They get soaked too quickly, and also in some drying towel reviews, I never saw one waffle weave option.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PA DETAILER
06-05-2016, 12:47 PM
Griots Garage PFM Terry Weave Drying Towel (http://www.autogeek.net/griots-garage-pfm-drying-towel.html)

Currently forum fav.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
06-05-2016, 12:47 PM
The guzzlers are pretty good. I use them in conjunction with a leaf blower to help dry the surface.
The Guzzler Waffle Weave Microfiber Drying Towel by Cobra is a better drying towel than a chamois, or terry cloth towel. Microfiber makes the best (http://www.autogeek.net/microfiber-waffle-weave.html)

spielwurfel
06-05-2016, 12:57 PM
The guzzlers are pretty good. I use them in conjunction with a leaf blower to help dry the surface.
The Guzzler Waffle Weave Microfiber Drying Towel by Cobra is a better drying towel than a chamois, or terry cloth towel. Microfiber makes the best (http://www.autogeek.net/microfiber-waffle-weave.html)

Guzzlers have great products, but as I mentioned, are these waffle weaves any good for drying? Because I currently use a waffle weave towel slightly smaller than these, and they get soaked only by drying the roof or hood of my hatch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
06-05-2016, 01:16 PM
They are very good towels.

Having some sort of forced air will compliment any drying towel.

Gray Bishop
06-05-2016, 01:17 PM
hello guys

could you recommend some drying towels? I currently use waffle weave towels, but they never seemed to be too proper for this task (except for the glasses). They get soaked too quickly, and also in some drying towel reviews, i never saw one waffle weave option.

Thanks!

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk

microfiber madness dry me crazy
chemical guys wooly mammoth
the rag company Platinum Pluffle Hybrid

Eldorado2k
06-05-2016, 01:22 PM
It sounds like you're using a towel similar to a Meguiars Water Magnet?

http://www.autogeek.net/x2000.html

I use several different waffle weaves, but this perticular 1 next to the Water Magnet is not only big, but it's beefy as well. That thing doesn't saturate after a panel. Not even a soaking wet roof on an SUV will saturate it. I think I paid like $13 for it on the bay. I totally underrate it [meaning it's the last 1 I'll reach for when drying a flawless black vehicle] but it certainly has never shown me it's inferior as far as scratching any paint. It's said to be made in Korea.

Personally I'm in the opposite boat as you ATM.. I'm looking to buy a batch of waffle weaves but I want them to be of good quality [meaning soft] and I want to pay a fair price. That's why I'll probably wind up buying a batch of the Megs Water Magnets soon. They're priced right, and they're soft enough to be able to really have at it on the paint if you have to without feeling like you might scratch the paint. Yes they do soak up rather quikly than not, but that's why I'm looking to buy them in a bulk pack. [6pk.] I've seen them priced as low as $6.99 or even cheaper.

BudgetPlan1
06-05-2016, 01:23 PM
I'm kinda diggin' 'The Pluffle' these days...

Eldorado2k
06-05-2016, 01:25 PM
Forgot to include the pic.

Another option you might want to consider is the Water Sprite. You can wring this out and it's like brand new ready to go again, unlike waffle weave towels.

http://www.autogeek.net/watspritplus.html

The Guz
06-05-2016, 03:32 PM
Griots Garage PFM Terry Weave Drying Towel (http://www.autogeek.net/griots-garage-pfm-drying-towel.html)

Currently forum fav.

My local autoparts store has the smaller versions of these. They look really nice and plush.

Meguiars Water Magnet is a soft waffle weave microfiber drying towel that's softer than terry towels and more absorbent than a chamois. Attracts water (http://www.autogeek.net/x2000.html)

I use several different waffle weaves, but this perticular 1 next to the Water Magnet is not only big, but it's beefy as well. That thing doesn't saturate after a panel. Not even a soaking wet roof on an SUV will saturate it. I think I paid like $13 for it on the bay. I totally underrate it [meaning it's the last 1 I'll reach for when drying a flawless black vehicle] but it certainly has never shown me it's inferior as far as scratching any paint. It's said to be made in Korea.

Personally I'm in the opposite boat as you ATM.. I'm looking to buy a batch of waffle weaves but I want them to be of good quality [meaning soft] and I want to pay a fair price. That's why I'll probably wind up buying a batch of the Megs Water Magnets soon. They're priced right, and they're soft enough to be able to really have at it on the paint if you have to without feeling like you might scratch the paint. Yes they do soak up rather quikly than not, but that's why I'm looking to buy them in a bulk pack. [6pk.] I've seen them priced as low as $6.99 or even cheaper.

One thing I don't like about the Meguiar's water magnets is that they lose their softness fairly quickly. They start to get to hard quicker than other waffle weaves. The guzzlers have stayed softer longer and absorb better. The Meguiar's water magnets make really good glass towels. Plush towels are much better than waffle weaves. That is just my personal opinion.

I'm kinda diggin' 'The Pluffle' these days...

The plufflie is ok. It tends to be a little to grabby until it has absorbed a little amount of water. Even if a drying aid is used to prime the towel. The avalanche plush towel is in my opinion a better towel. But that's just me.

spielwurfel
06-05-2016, 04:07 PM

Meguiars Water Magnet is a soft waffle weave microfiber drying towel that's softer than terry towels and more absorbent than a chamois. Attracts water (http://www.autogeek.net/x2000.html)

This is the one I´m currently using actually, the Meguiars Water Magnet doesn´t do the job properly for me. I still think it soaks too quickly, but maybe I´m being to demaning with my poor towel x)

Mike Honcho
06-05-2016, 04:54 PM
I use (fill in the blank) in conjunction with a leaf blower to help dry the surface.

He speaketh the truth!

Jeremy1976
06-05-2016, 05:47 PM
I use the Cloud 9 by Chemical Guys and like it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

derass
06-06-2016, 12:15 AM
I just bought a Meguiar's Water Magnet drying towel and used it for the first time last week. I'm impressed with its performance. Previously, I was using a sheepskin? natural chamois than needed to be rung out every panel. The Water Magnet dried my entire car without needing to be rung out at all, and that was without flooding the paint or using forced air. I might buy a second towel so that I can switch to a dry one as the first becomes saturated.

However, I did just read of someone claiming that their waffle weave drying towel losing its ability to absorb water. My old chamois has had consistent performance for nearly 10 years, it cost about $20 CAD. I'll be keeping an eye on my new waffle weave to see how long it lasts, it cost about $15 CAD by comparison.

Mantilgh
06-06-2016, 07:14 AM
I need to pick up a couple more WWs for drying.

WOW, that PFM towel is pricy!