PDA

View Full Version : So, I was at this local car get together/car show, and....

Pages : [1] 2

ronkh57
06-05-2016, 11:19 AM
Just as I was packing the car back up, this guy walks up to me and tells me he is a detailer......

He offers to detail my car, since it looks brand new and I should protect it properly. He tells me how he will hand polish it to shine and put a "coating" on it that lasts a year. He says I can go to the shows with pride that my car is "perfect". He said he would do it cheaper than the dealer.

I asked him what products he uses and he comes up with some name I never heard of, but it contains "poly charger" and it's used on planes. He also says that he never uses a buffer because they kill the paint. Then I ask if he has references and pictures.

He showed me a pictures of MY OWN CAR......... (the black one) The pics were taken at a past show. Proceeds to tell me that this car is perfect and he takes care of "all this guys cars".. And this guys is soooo particular. Then a pic of Lambo and a Porsche. But he is most proud of the black one since he took care of it from the start. I asked him if he could show me the car at the show. he said he was supposed to meet the guy at the show to do a "Show prep wipe down" but the guy had a family emergency.

Setec Astronomy
06-05-2016, 11:23 AM
Unbelievable. Did you finally tell him he was showing you pictures of your own car, and that the "family emergency" was keeping him from feeding other people a bunch of BS?

I mean the worst part of it is if other people recognize your (old) car and actually think this guy is your detailer!

ronkh57
06-05-2016, 11:26 AM
Unbelievable. Did you finally tell him he was showing you pictures of your own car, and that the "family emergency" was keeping him from feeding other people a bunch of BS?

I mean the worst part of it is if other people recognize your (old) car and actually think this guy is your detailer!

I was ready to go off...... You know I don't have any tact.

But I thought about how I just walk away from the car at shows and got worried about this guy doing damage to it. Also since I was going 2 blocks down the road for dinner and was worried he would do something.

Setec Astronomy
06-05-2016, 11:36 AM
Did you get any contact info from him? Post it up on here and we'll all contact him asking if he's the guy that details that black 'Vette and we'll all make appointments with him, and when we don't show up he'll call and we'll tell him he's a liar because we found out he doesn't detail that black 'Vette.

He can't track any of that to you since he doesn't know you own(ed) the car he was bragging about.

Eldorado2k
06-05-2016, 12:01 PM
Wow that's Crazy! When I 1st started reading I smiled and thought "ok this outta be a funny story" But then that actually happened?! What a piece of garbage! Man I cannot stand liars.. I wish I was there to call him out on his bs for you. Hats off to you for keeping your cool. I would've been furious.

custmsprty
06-05-2016, 01:09 PM
Speechless..............

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
06-05-2016, 01:18 PM
Wow.

ronkh57
06-05-2016, 01:26 PM
Did you get any contact info from him? Post it up on here and we'll all contact him asking if he's the guy that details that black 'Vette and we'll all make appointments with him, and when we don't show up he'll call and we'll tell him he's a liar because we found out he doesn't detail that black 'Vette.

He can't track any of that to you since he doesn't know you own(ed) the car he was bragging about.

No. I told him the dealer was going to take care of it from the onset figuring I wouldn't have to listen to him... So I got no contact info.

Wow that's Crazy! When I 1st started reading I smiled and thought "ok this outta be a funny story" But then that actually happened?! What a piece of garbage! Man I cannot stand liars.. I wish I was there to call him out on his bs for you. Hats off to you for keeping your cool. I would've been furious.

I was pissed, but then wondering what kind of damage he could do to car if I called him on it.

Setec Astronomy
06-05-2016, 01:31 PM
No. I told him the dealer was going to take care of it from the onset figuring I wouldn't have to listen to him... So I got no contact info.

I guess there's always next time. If there is, maybe you can ask if you can also have the contact info for the guy with the black car so you can check him as a reference.

ronkh57
06-05-2016, 01:33 PM
I guess there's always next time. If there is, maybe you can ask if you can also have the contact info for the guy with the black car so you can check him as a reference.

I like that :D Since it's obvious he goes to some shows.

Setec Astronomy
06-05-2016, 01:37 PM
Yeah, and if your GF ever catches you talking to yourself, you can just tell her you were checking that detailing reference.

ronkh57
06-05-2016, 01:42 PM
Yeah, and if your GF ever catches you talking to yourself, you can just tell her you were checking that detailing reference.

Hahahahahah

ronkh57
06-05-2016, 01:42 PM
I do wonder how many cars I have (that I don't know about)

11B250
06-15-2016, 10:56 PM
That is hilarious LOL. I love it! I would have gotten his info and said thx I'll get back to ya lol.

Maybe next week, take your black one, and when he comes up to you again trying to sell business, u can ask for reference and this time he'll show you your white one :D

Guyb
06-15-2016, 11:46 PM
He probably doesn't use a buffer so no one would strangle him with the cord for the lie! Should have asked what he charged for the black car.