PDA

View Full Version : Rupes 15 MK2 trigger hold button

idriveblackcars
06-04-2016, 07:46 AM
Seems like mine stopped working. It was working fine a few minutes ago now when I go to lock the trigger it just stops. Won't engage.

Everyning else is is fine, machine works amazingly smooth just can't lock the trigger any longer.

Anyone else have this problem? I use it so much now I really don't want to send it out, it isn't even a few months old.

Dylan@RUPES
06-05-2016, 08:54 AM
If I'm understanding this correctly - when you press the trigger lock button the tool stops? or the trigger lock simply isn't working?

idriveblackcars
06-06-2016, 03:26 PM
If I'm understanding this correctly - when you press the trigger lock button the tool stops? or the trigger lock simply isn't working?

Hey man thanks for the reply, I missed it. Yes when I want to lock the trigger and press the lock bottom wait a sec and let go of the trigger the machine stops. Still works great and I was able to get through a full 12 hour correction on sat ( the day I posted) but unfortunitly could never lock the trigger. Machine is about 2 months old purchased through Autopia ( I had some store credit).

Dylan@RUPES
06-06-2016, 03:44 PM
Shoot an email to ORDERS@RUPESUSA.COM and we'll get you a return ticket to get it looked at - probably something very simple and could be fixed and back to you the same day we receive it here.

idriveblackcars
06-06-2016, 03:48 PM
Shoot an email to ORDERS@RUPESUSA.COM and we'll get you a return ticket to get it looked at - probably something very simple and could be fixed and back to you the same day we receive it here.

Thanks man sounds good! I need it again in a couple of days and if I can't get it to work I will send it out for sure. Hoping it'd just something simple.

Dylan@RUPES
06-06-2016, 05:58 PM
Thanks man sounds good! I need it again in a couple of days and if I can't get it to work I will send it out for sure. Hoping it'd just something simple.

Sounds good. I suspect its actually the trigger itself, not the lock. There is a little part on the trigger that engages with the lock when its pressed. If its slightly out of spec or just misaligned I could see it causing the issue you're seeing. In any event we'll fix it FOC when you're ready to send it in. Cheers!

AZ Mike
06-06-2016, 07:33 PM
I do not currently own a Rupes polisher. After the responses that Dylan@Rupes has posted, I am looking forward to ordering a Rupes Bigfoot Nano IBrid Long Neck Kit from AGO on Wednesday. Thank you Dylan for your quick responses and desire to fix issues. I believe that you provide a top notch customer service experience. I also have a Rupes LHR 75E Mini on my wish list for future purchase.

Crispy
06-06-2016, 09:21 PM
Currently in an issue with a Rupes product delivered delivered June 1/16. AG took luntil 6th to tell me Rupes USA is handling. Have not heard back yet but will keep a posting. This is my first problem with AG so will see how it goes.

Crispy
06-07-2016, 07:34 PM
Update on Rupes customer service. Heard from them this am and new part on it's way direct from Italy. Now that's what I call service. No hassles, sympathetic reply and offer to help if have anymore questions.

Crispy
06-15-2016, 09:22 PM
New update as of today unable to get tracking number from Italy. Rupes USA is assisting but their fate lies with the Italians. Starting to wonder if money well "spent".

AuroraDetailing
06-15-2016, 10:03 PM
Man, I'm looking for a replacement for my PC 7424 which is starting to make internal clanking noises after 3 hard years, and just went for a roller coaster ride in this thread haha. I already bought a Flex 3401HD but want a second DA for my wife to start using and learning on, and contemplating getting another PC or trying out another brand. Then I see this and I'm like "Hmm, Rupes has trigger problem:dunno:" "Oh, but great customer service":xyxthumbs: "They replied quick on a forum to fix a problem":dblthumb2: "Same day turnaround service!":awesome: "Another issue...":doh: and then "waiting on parts from Italy..." :bolt:

Crispy
06-24-2016, 07:54 AM
Final update on the Rupes Bigfoot Nano iBrid. On Friday June 17/16 received an email/letter from the President of Rupes USA apologizing for the delay and an explanation of why it took so long. Seems there is an issue with NAFTA, as it is an Italian product imported into USA. Trying to export into Canada from USA with an Italian product was an issue (feel like a diplomat explaining international trade agreements). He also came straight up and said they had an engineering problem with some product and have since rectified it. Got a complete Replacement Kit on June 20/16, a replacement Polisher only on June 21/16 and a Canadian Distributor contact which is 60 miles away. By the way I did not have to send any parts back through this whole thing. Christmas comes early this year :).

PS The polisher is great and I plan on submitting a thread about my experiences once I have a few trials done (three so far).