PDA

View Full Version : Fabric softener dryer sheets

rdgrav
06-03-2016, 09:20 PM
I have been using these sheets for years and they work really good at removing tar and bugs. I'm just wondering if other products work better. I'm sure there are safer methods but this just works and makes the job really easy. I would hate to spen the money on another product and it doesn't work as good.

expdetailing
06-03-2016, 09:56 PM
I switched to drier sheets after I heard about them after using a well known brand, actually a very well respected brand that's not PBMG/AG, that didn't work very well. After using that brand that others here say is fantastic, and not having fast success with it, I think they are missing out. But, if AG wants to send me a sample of one of their brands, I would gladly write a review. Wink, wink..

wdmaccord
06-04-2016, 05:53 AM
Never tried dryer sheets. Any particular brand? video?

I've been very happy with the bug and tar sponge that is sold by PBMG. It's branded under some of the in-house brands like Blackfire and Pinnacle.

rdgrav
06-04-2016, 09:30 AM
I just use what my wife has in the laundry room. I make sure I wet them and lather them up by crumbling them up as you would a piece of paper works wonders

dcjredline
06-04-2016, 10:11 AM
Never had some tar that either Tarminator or Tar-X would not take out. As a matter of fact most times you barely have to even wipe it cause the stuff just melts off.

As for bugs (we dont have the nasty bugs up here like some in the South do) Poorboys Bug Squash can rid the front of a car pretty darn quickly.

Ill have to try some dryer sheets to see how they compare.

shagnat
06-21-2016, 09:37 AM
Great information. Thanks!!

Whitewater25
06-21-2016, 09:44 AM
WD-40 on tar & wont hurt paint

FUNX650
06-21-2016, 11:12 AM
I have been using these sheets for years and they work really good at removing tar and bugs. I'm just wondering if other products work better. I'm sure there are safer methods but this just works and makes the job really easy. I would hate to spen the money on another product and it doesn't work as good.
IMO:
You are one of the lucky ones, in that:
you have found the product you like for
tar and bug removal...and that's what you
decided to use for all these years. :props:

Bob