PDA

View Full Version : Water Etchings on new Client'S Cars

Maestro Sam
06-02-2016, 07:09 PM
I get a lot of customers who want a basic car wash from me after taking it somewhere else to get their car's detailed. The car looks great after a wash except about 60 percent of the clients have water stains on their windows from improper drying. It hurts me to see etched windows so I polish the front windows, sides, and back without charging them. Also, I am worried that my reputation will be impacted because the clients might think I half-assed the windows or did not dry the windows well. In these situations, what do you guys tell the clients?

GSKR
06-02-2016, 07:13 PM
Try to upsell them,and chemically clean the glass opposed to hand polish.

Maestro Sam
06-02-2016, 07:36 PM
any chemicals u recommend for glass?

andy2485
06-02-2016, 07:53 PM
so, after you polish the windows the etching is still there?...

GSKR
06-02-2016, 07:57 PM
any chemicals u recommend for glass?carpro makes a product for glass.

usmcpab
06-02-2016, 08:51 PM
I get a lot of customers who want a basic car wash from me after taking it somewhere else to get their car's detailed. The car looks great after a wash except about 60 percent of the clients have water stains on their windows from improper drying. It hurts me to see etched windows so I polish the front windows, sides, and back without charging them. Also, I am worried that my reputation will be impacted because the clients might think I half-assed the windows or did not dry the windows well. In these situations, what do you guys tell the clients?

whenever i have an actual paying customer (since im a hobbyist) I always walk a car around with a customer. Besides taking record of pre-existing damage, I like to point out any type of blemish that wont be taken care in the work a customer has chosen to have performed in an effort to set the expectation. If its something small that wont take any more than 5 minutes, ill do it for free. If it's something more complex Ill upsell as an extra service add-on in an effort to work with their budget.