PDA

View Full Version : Too much quick detail?

bald richard
06-02-2016, 04:24 PM
I don't wash my car but 2/3 times a summer, ( no rain or winters ) I only dust & use Pinn. quick mist , but I do it 5/6 times a week.
2nd. Question..... I also will put some Pinn. Liquid souvenir carnuba spray on Once a week, too much? Over kill?

GSKR
06-02-2016, 04:30 PM
Better than washing it all the time and fading the trim and rotting the wiper rubber blades.I see no promblem with that and it's not overkill,just be on the look out for marring.

ScottH
06-02-2016, 04:31 PM
I don't wash my car but 2/3 times a summer, ( no rain or winters ) I only dust & use Pinn. quick mist , but I do it 5/6 times a week.
2nd. Question..... I also will put some Pinn. Liquid souvenir carnuba spray on Once a week, too much? Over kill?

without seeing pics, hard to say. My first impression is that's a lot - anytime you touch the paint you run the risk of introducing swirls, and 5-6 times a week would qualify as a lot ��. If your paint is all swirled up, it's likely a result of the High frequency in which you spray/wipe the car. But if your paint is swirl free, then hey great.

bald richard
06-02-2016, 04:46 PM
Thanks guys,
No swirls and very very little micro marring, just wasn't sure if I was using too much product with out washing. I get tons of compliments, and no one but the absolute best-eye can see any micro marks!
The way I see it I would probably cause more damage ( over time ) washing it regularly .

Jaretr1
06-02-2016, 05:06 PM
Mike Phillips says, if there is a product you like, use it and use it often. Whatever process you are using, if its working for you, keep at it!

FUNX650
06-02-2016, 05:18 PM
No swirls and very very little micro marring,
just wasn't sure if I was using too much product
with out washing.

The way I see it I would probably cause more
damage ( over time ) washing it regularly .
•The way I see it is (when done properly):
-People can eliminate many regular car-washing
sessions, by safely performing Spray-and-Wipe,
Waterless-Wash, Waterless-Wash'n'Wax types of
detailing on a daily basis without creating swirls.

•And...According to you, OP:
your above testimonial attests to
that fact. Good going!! :props:

Bob

vanev
06-02-2016, 05:27 PM
If you are going to be that active in taking care of the cosmetic appearance of your car, you will have more of a need to use the absolute best microfiber towels.
The softest, highest quality, edgeless towels.
That is a lot of contact on the surface panels, vs someone who does the same thing once a week, or every two weeks.

uhohitsstevo
06-02-2016, 05:51 PM
Honestly whatever works best for YOU. If you prefer this method then this is the method you should use. There is no absolute definitive right way to wash a car. If you use quality products and liberally spray the panels and work in sections then you should be fine. I like doing a weekly wash because on my DD I drive about 500 miles a week so It is what works for me.

bald richard
06-02-2016, 06:12 PM
If you are going to be that active in taking care of the cosmetic appearance of your car, you will have more of a need to use the absolute best microfiber towels.
The softest, highest quality, edgeless towels.
That is a lot of contact on the surface panels, vs someone who does the same thing once a week, or every two weeks.
Thanks, I've invested thousands in the best of everything! Been detailing for profit for years, but his is my prize auto & never had a car I've been able to drive daily ( but selectively ) and wanted to make sure I wasn't over doing it!

expdetailing
06-02-2016, 07:12 PM
Better than washing it all the time and fading the trim and rotting the wiper rubber blades.I see no promblem with that and it's not overkill,just be on the look out for marring.

What kind of soap were you using that fades your trim? Maybe, a whole world could open-up for you. There's a lot of nice soaps that are very gentle.