PDA

View Full Version : Are Rupes polishers tough or easy to get broken?

J Auto
06-02-2016, 02:34 AM
I purchased the LHR 21 a few months ago and it worked fine at first, but suddenly the ring part which is connecting the tool body and the backing plate got loose and the backing plate fell off when I was using the tool.

Does any of you have the similar experience with Rupes polishers? or any other troubles with Rupes polishers, especially with LHR15/21ES or LHR15/21 Mark2?
I’m wondering if the unit I received was just a bad one, or Rupes tools may be weaker, more easy-to-break than other tools?
What do you guys think?

VISITOR
06-02-2016, 03:06 AM
as with anything else YMMV, but IME the QC wasn't very good...

Zubair
06-02-2016, 04:20 AM
I had issues with my Flex 3401 which needed replacing, my Rupes on the otherhand flawless. Both get used equally.

idriveblackcars
06-02-2016, 04:44 AM
Rupes build quality is second to none imo.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
06-02-2016, 05:11 AM
All tools have there problems. Some more than others.

As far as I understand it, the quality of those tools are not the quality of their German counterparts. Same goes in the automotive side of the world as well....

Dylan@RUPES
06-02-2016, 12:31 PM
I purchased the LHR 21 a few months ago and it worked fine at first, but suddenly the ring part which is connecting the tool body and the backing plate got loose and the backing plate fell off when I was using the tool.

Does any of you have the similar experience with Rupes polishers? or any other troubles with Rupes polishers, especially with LHR15/21ES or LHR15/21 Mark2?
I’m wondering if the unit I received was just a bad one, or Rupes tools may be weaker, more easy-to-break than other tools?
What do you guys think?

The build quality of our tools is very high, and while some might try to say otherwise the statistics on failure per units in the market is extremely low - it is however a plastic tool, so if you drop it things will break.

That being said we offer full factory level support here in the US for our tools - something no other tool in the segment can claim. If something goes wrong we have the parts to repair it and a team that is assembling tools on a daily basis. With your issue I'm a bit confused however - the backing plate is attached to the tool through the center via a bolt, so not sure about what you mean by 'ring part which is connecting the tool body and backing plate'

You can contact our customer service team and include some pictures of the issue (orders@rupesusa.com) and if the tool is within its first year we'll repair it free of charge and cover the shipping (provided the damage is not the result of negligence or abuse).

richy
06-02-2016, 12:52 PM
The build quality of our tools is very high, and while some might try to say otherwise the statistics on failure per units in the market is extremely low - it is however a plastic tool, so if you drop it things will break.

That being said we offer full factory level support here in the US for our tools - something no other tool in the segment can claim. If something goes wrong we have the parts to repair it and a team that is assembling tools on a daily basis. With your issue I'm a bit confused however - the backing plate is attached to the tool through the center via a bolt, so not sure about what you mean by 'ring part which is connecting the tool body and backing plate'

You can contact our customer service team and include some pictures of the issue (orders@rupesusa.com) and if the tool is within its first year we'll repair it free of charge and cover the shipping (provided the damage is not the result of negligence or abuse).

How do you fault that?!? Great customer service there!

custmsprty
06-02-2016, 02:44 PM

What do you guys think?

I have three Rupes tools and they have preformed flawlessly.

Oh by the way:

:postpics:

swanicyouth
06-02-2016, 03:39 PM
I've had two Rupes and I would rate them as pretty high quality. One thing I like is that they seems to always be striving to improve their tools. Since the original Bigfoots came in, I'm aware they:

1. Improved the cord

2. Improved the BPs

3. Improved the power and ergonomics (Mk 2 series)

Like most things, I'm convinced most problems with most "tools" in general are user error, incorrect use, incorrect accessories, or overuse.

I still use my original Hencho in Mexico PC 7424 from 2007 without issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rlmccarty2000
06-02-2016, 06:33 PM
3 Rupes tools no problems.

Dylan@RUPES
06-02-2016, 06:41 PM
Like most things, I'm convinced most problems with most "tools" in general are user error, incorrect use, incorrect accessories, or overuse.

A good amount of times its user error, but not all... the biggest issue is how people treat them. We get tools in for repair that look like they've been dragged behind a car and used to pound in nails and the customers are upset when we tell them we can warranty that kind of abuse. Like anything, you have to take care of the tools that earn you money or provide you pleasure/a hobby if you want them to perform. I'm very particular (always have been) about proper care and maintenance of my tools - be it an 18v drill, a circular saw, a socket wrench, or a polisher - I maintain them and rarely have to worry about performance.

VP Mark
06-02-2016, 06:48 PM
My 15 has been through the mill, probably polished over 500 vehicles in all types of crazy environments. Looking a little rough but runs great. My Mark II is on the way to my house from Florida as we speak...

swanicyouth
06-02-2016, 07:58 PM
A good amount of times its user error, but not all... the biggest issue is how people treat them. We get tools in for repair that look like they've been dragged behind a car and used to pound in nails and the customers are upset when we tell them we can warranty that kind of abuse. Like anything, you have to take care of the tools that earn you money or provide you pleasure/a hobby if you want them to perform. I'm very particular (always have been) about proper care and maintenance of my tools - be it an 18v drill, a circular saw, a socket wrench, or a polisher - I maintain them and rarely have to worry about performance.

Well that sux. I had some rusty nails I planned on beating down with my Rupes this weekend - are you saying it would void the warranty???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

J Auto
06-03-2016, 04:24 AM
Thank you all for your valuable info.
Actually the problem of my tool has already been taken care. I just wanted to hear your opinions for my future purchasing decision.
Overall, it doesn’t seems like Rupes tools have many quality problems. I really appreciate your info.