PDA

View Full Version : Detailers Checklist - Full and Part Timers / Weekend Warriors 2 !!

Pages : [1] 2

ehuth1
10-17-2007, 01:49 PM
Let’s just start a thread based on everyone’s opinion on doing a "FULL DETAIL"

Explain the process using the three below cars. Products used…Whatever

The #1 Vehicle has moderate to light blemishes and a dusty, but not trashed interior.

The #2 Vehicle has been through a swirl-o-matic and the interior is scuffed, carpets stained, and the leather is poor poor poor....

The #3 vehicle is 3 weeks old and has pretty easy interior cleanup.

Explain your processes using #1,#2,#3 and tell me your combo from the tip-top of your head and we'll see everyone’s aspect of "DETAILING"

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j129/ehuth1/explorer/100_2388.jpg

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j129/ehuth1/explorer/100_2366.jpg

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j129/ehuth1/explorer/100_2363.jpg

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j129/ehuth1/DSC00087.jpg

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j129/ehuth1/DSC00116.jpg

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j129/ehuth1/DSC00102.jpg

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j129/ehuth1/DSC00086.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a127/justin30513/2007%20Escalade/details001.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a127/justin30513/2007%20Escalade/details004.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a127/justin30513/2007%20Escalade/details027.jpg

blk45
10-17-2007, 02:02 PM
This is going to get heated......

justin_murphy
10-17-2007, 02:20 PM
PERFECT!

Thanks for this. This will help a lot of "members" on what a detail truly is. Thanks for the time you took to build and post this. It's a lot more constructive.

Meghan
10-17-2007, 03:02 PM
This is going to get heated......

There is no need for it to be, everyone has their own opinion, own process, and I think sharing that with others is what helps us all learn and grow with our details. Keep it friendly please.

justin_murphy
10-17-2007, 03:43 PM
There is no need for it to be, everyone has their own opinion, own process, and I think sharing that with others is what helps us all learn and grow with our details. Keep it friendly please.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

That's all I can say.

scottgt
10-17-2007, 03:46 PM
1st Car
Engine- is fully degreased, AA or a protectand is applyed to the engine. Car is turned on and runs for about 5-8 minutes. A thourough inspection is done after this step. If any spots are missed or were not cleaned in that process, they are done by hand with my favorite product megs 40.

Exterior- Wheels, tires, wheel wells are fully degreased. The car is fully washed. I like dp 4-1 rinless wash the best. Car is clayed.The paint doesnt look in to bad of condtion, so mabe a light polish or something xmt 360 could take care of. Then a sealent or wax is applied. I like sig ser II. The wheel wells are dressed. Along with any other plastic pannels that look to need dressing. The wheels are cleaned and tires are dressed. All windows are cleaned. All polishable parts are polished. All door jams and nooks will be cleaned

Interior- Dash and wall pannels are white down with a mf to get rid of all the dust. If needed they are sprayed with megs. all purpose cleaner and scrubbed with a soft brush and white dry with a mf. They are then coated with megs 40. This product is great because you can control the gloss. The interior is then vacumed. The rubber floor mats are removed, degreased and hosed off. The carpets are cleaned with Blue Coral carpet cleaner..love this stuff...then a quick vacume to remove and residue. All windows are cleaned. The seats are also vacumed, cleaned and conditioned.

Engine- Same as 1st car

Paint- Same as car 1...butthe paint on this car is going to need a little tlc. I would use rotary with cutting pad, and megs fine cut. I would then use megs 2.0 swirl remover with a polishing pad. Sig Ser II. Wool pad would be used if needed. last resort though.

Interior- Same as car 1.

Engine- Same as car 1-2

Paint-Same as car 1-2 but i would use xmt 360 with a cutting pad and sig ser II to really make that pearl pop. Tires will get a little more tire shine, being a nicer car.

Interior- Dust away dash and pannels, and apply megs 40. All plastic is cleaned. Vacumed and carpets cleaned.

Im sure i forgot a few odds and ends but you get the idea

blk45
10-17-2007, 03:53 PM

:iagree: I know there is no need for it, but judging by the way that the other threads have gone, it's just a matter of time before this one does the same.

D
10-17-2007, 03:55 PM
:iagree: I know there is no need for it, but judging by the way that the other threads have gone, it's just a matter of time before this one does the same.

No it wont, its over. Nothing more to say about that.

ehuth1
10-17-2007, 04:10 PM
1st Car
Engine- is fully degreased, AA or a protectand is applyed to the engine. Car is turned on and runs for about 5-8 minutes. A thourough inspection is done after this step. If any spots are missed or were not cleaned in that process, they are done by hand with my favorite product megs 40.

Exterior- Wheels, tires, wheel wells are fully degreased. The car is fully washed. I like dp 4-1 rinless wash the best. Car is clayed.The paint doesnt look in to bad of condtion, so mabe a light polish or something xmt 360 could take care of. Then a sealent or wax is applied. I like sig ser II. The wheel wells are dressed. Along with any other plastic pannels that look to need dressing. The wheels are cleaned and tires are dressed. All windows are cleaned. All polishable parts are polished. All door jams and nooks will be cleaned

Interior- Dash and wall pannels are white down with a mf to get rid of all the dust. If needed they are sprayed with megs. all purpose cleaner and scrubbed with a soft brush and white dry with a mf. They are then coated with megs 40. This product is great because you can control the gloss. The interior is then vacumed. The rubber floor mats are removed, degreased and hosed off. The carpets are cleaned with Blue Coral carpet cleaner..love this stuff...then a quick vacume to remove and residue. All windows are cleaned. The seats are also vacumed, cleaned and conditioned.

Engine- Same as 1st car

Paint- Same as car 1...butthe paint on this car is going to need a little tlc. I would use rotary with cutting pad, and megs fine cut. I would then use megs 2.0 swirl remover with a polishing pad. Sig Ser II. Wool pad would be used if needed. last resort though.

Interior- Same as car 1.

Engine- Same as car 1-2

Paint-Same as car 1-2 but i would use xmt 360 with a cutting pad and sig ser II to really make that pearl pop. Tires will get a little more tire shine, being a nicer car.

Interior- Dust away dash and pannels, and apply megs 40. All plastic is cleaned. Vacumed and carpets cleaned.

Im sure i forgot a few odds and ends but you get the idea

Scott that looks like a great plan. This is the format that I'm looking for when responding to this thread.

Thanks Scott !!

KyleTaylor
10-19-2007, 02:41 PM
I do most of mine similar to your number two.

APC/ Pressure Wash: engine bay, cowl, wheel wells, wheels, door jambs, and around the trunk. Its called "Pressure Washer Lazy Disease"
Rinse vehicle with pressure washer. Blast the trim and edges.
Wash with soap :rolleyes:. Soon to be foam gun. Erick let me use his and I am SOLD!
Quick Rinse
Clay bar, usually with soapy water.
Rinse with low pressure hose to flood the gaps.
Dry with water blade and synthetic shamos.
Spray carpets with APC. Brush to lift heavy dirt. Vacuum. Wipe with terry cloths to remove diry that mixes with the APC.
Full wipe down with APC.
Roll windows down partially, clean the top. Roll up windows and clean the rest.
Inside is done.
Start paint process.
Klasse Sealant or Meguair's depending on color and how much the customer is willing to spend.
Tire and Trim Shine
Clean outside glass
Collect Check

ehuth1
10-19-2007, 03:25 PM
I do most of mine similar to your number two.

APC/ Pressure Wash: engine bay, cowl, wheel wells, wheels, door jambs, and around the trunk. Its called "Pressure Washer Lazy Disease"
Rinse vehicle with pressure washer. Blast the trim and edges.
Wash with soap :rolleyes:. Soon to be foam gun. Erick let me use his and I am SOLD!
Quick Rinse
Clay bar, usually with soapy water.
Rinse with low pressure hose to flood the gaps.
Dry with water blade and synthetic shamos.
Spray carpets with APC. Brush to lift heavy dirt. Vacuum. Wipe with terry cloths to remove diry that mixes with the APC.
Full wipe down with APC.
Roll windows down partially, clean the top. Roll up windows and clean the rest.
Inside is done.
Start paint process.
Klasse Sealant or Meguair's depending on color and how much the customer is willing to spend.
Tire and Trim Shine
Clean outside glass
Collect Check

Sounds like a plan there!! Love the "How ever much the customer is willing to spend" This is very key! We wouldn't won't to overwork ourselves for less money now would we.

KyleTaylor
10-19-2007, 08:28 PM
Sounds like a plan there!! Love the "How ever much the customer is willing to spend" This is very key! We wouldn't won't to overwork ourselves for less money now would we.

I try my best! I am sure I did not hit all that I do.

wolfpacker92
10-19-2007, 10:19 PM
Vehicle #1:

Wheels w/Surf City Beyond Steel
Tires/Wheel Wells MS APC
Engine rinsed, sprayed with ARO or MS APC, rinsed, dried, dressed w/Stoners Trim Shine
Bugs/front end sprayed with Poorboys Bug Squash and scrubbed w/Pinnacle Safe Scrub, rinsed
Lower panels pre-treated with Stoners Tarminator
Wash with AG foam gun and DP Xtreme or DG 901
Dry with leaf blower and guzzler
Polish with PC and orange pad with 360, 1z High Gloss, or Menz 106
Apply dressing: Trim Shine to wheel wells, Surf City Beyond Black to tires, Poorboys Trim shine to all other trim, roof rack and bumpers.
Buff off polish with Cobra Jr.
Apply Wax or Sealant via the PC and red LC CCS pad
Vacuum interior
Clean all vinyl and plastic with DP Total Interior Cleaner
Protect with DP Interior Surface Protectant
Carpet mats would get washed, sprayed with Woolite/Water mixture, agitated with PC and aqua brush, rinsed, vacuumed to remove water, add stripes. Rubber mats would get rinse, sprayed with APC, brushed, rinsed.
Leather seats would be cleaned with DP TIC and conditioned with Surf City Voodoo Leather Rejuvenator. Cloth seats would get vacuumed.
Glass inside and out would be cleaned with Surf City Clearly Better.Vehicle #2

Steps 1-7 would be the same.
Step 8 would be: Polish with PC and orange pad with Menzerna Power Gloss @ speed 5.5 and remove w/Cobra Jr. Polish with rotary and white pad @ 900-1000 rpm with 1z High Gloss Polish and remove w/Cobra Jr.
Remaining steps would be the same. I don't have an extractor so I would do the best I could on stained interior.Vehicle #3

Again Steps 1-7 would be the same
Step 8 would be Polish with PC and LC CCS green pad with 4 Star Pre-wax cleaner or Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing lotion @ speed 4
Step 11 would be to apply 4 Star UPP sealant.
Steps 13 and 14 would be combined by using Optimum Interior Protectant
Mats would just get vacuumed but steps 16 & 17 would remain the same.
Since interior was so easy I would probably glaze the wheels with DP Wheel Glaze and buff off with Mother's mini Powerball

ehuth1
10-19-2007, 10:36 PM
Vehicle #1:

Wheels w/Surf City Beyond Steel
Tires/Wheel Wells MS APC
Engine rinsed, sprayed with ARO or MS APC, rinsed, dried, dressed w/Stoners Trim Shine
Bugs/front end sprayed with Poorboys Bug Squash and scrubbed w/Pinnacle Safe Scrub, rinsed
Lower panels pre-treated with Stoners Tarminator
Wash with AG foam gun and DP Xtreme or DG 901
Dry with leaf blower and guzzler
Polish with PC and orange pad with 360, 1z High Gloss, or Menz 106
Apply dressing: Trim Shine to wheel wells, Surf City Beyond Black to tires, Poorboys Trim shine to all other trim, roof rack and bumpers.
Buff off polish with Cobra Jr.
Apply Wax or Sealant via the PC and red LC CCS pad
Vacuum interior
Clean all vinyl and plastic with DP Total Interior Cleaner
Protect with DP Interior Surface Protectant
Carpet mats would get washed, sprayed with Woolite/Water mixture, agitated with PC and aqua brush, rinsed, vacuumed to remove water, add stripes. Rubber mats would get rinse, sprayed with APC, brushed, rinsed.
Leather seats would be cleaned with DP TIC and conditioned with Surf City Voodoo Leather Rejuvenator. Cloth seats would get vacuumed.
Glass inside and out would be cleaned with Surf City Clearly Better.Vehicle #2

Steps 1-7 would be the same.
Step 8 would be: Polish with PC and orange pad with Menzerna Power Gloss @ speed 5.5 and remove w/Cobra Jr. Polish with rotary and white pad @ 900-1000 rpm with 1z High Gloss Polish and remove w/Cobra Jr.
Remaining steps would be the same. I don't have an extractor so I would do the best I could on stained interior.Vehicle #3

Again Steps 1-7 would be the same
Step 8 would be Polish with PC and LC CCS green pad with 4 Star Pre-wax cleaner or Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing lotion @ speed 4
Step 11 would be to apply 4 Star UPP sealant.
Steps 13 and 14 would be combined by using Optimum Interior Protectant
Mats would just get vacuumed but steps 16 & 17 would remain the same.
Since interior was so easy I would probably glaze the wheels with DP Wheel Glaze and buff off with Mother's mini Powerball

I LOVE IT! See how most of us our just a bit different. This will turn into something good if we get alot more participation. Thanks Wolfpacker!

Dust2Glory
10-22-2007, 12:49 PM
Engine:

cover alternator, spark plugs and air filter if exposed
rinse front to back in a side to side motion
degrease, let set for minute or two, agitate if need be
rinse
dry with air compressor
coat with water based dressing
dry, wipe down, bakeExterior:

pre-treat tires, wheels and wells with degreaser, full strength
rinse
treat front end with PB bug squash, lower panels with Tarminator
Foam, helps all applicatons stick
grab ulti-mitt, pinnacle safe sponge, clay, short handle brush and GG bucket
start top to bottem, clay after wipe down area
hit tires wheels and wells with blue brush... hard bristles
rinse, dry with WW towels.. blow out cracks with compressor and small WW towel
get all door jams with mf and qd
wheels and lips get qd wipe down
AA wheel wells
tires dressed 75/25 RL exterior dressing, DP gel via brush
Polish via UDM 106ff, orange lo pro speed 5.5:buffing:
on that green i would of used Maxwax, black ccs, sp 1.5
final wipe with AW, clean out cracks
dress exterior trim PB natural look, polish out chrome with RL chrome polish... wipe down tires
Glass SIG via WWInterior:

Vaccuum completely
Wipe down whole interior with APC and my array of brushes and mf
Dressed plastic RL interior dressing, then buff off
Leather cleaned RL leather cleaner, 3M scour pad and mf
Dressed RL leather conditioner
Extract carpet, apply RL extractor solution and spot with Folex
lay down RL odor neutralizer and carpet protection
inside glass SIG via WW