PDA

View Full Version : Cobra clay mitt

PaulMys
06-01-2016, 08:27 PM
Just got my new Cobra clay mitt. Instructions say to use it on your glass first to remove its coating.

My question is: Is it better to use a wash formula, a clay (QD) formula, or it doesn't matter?

Just want to do what's best to break the mitt in.

Thanks, guys.

GSKR
06-01-2016, 09:50 PM
I would soak it in hot water overnight.

david b
06-01-2016, 10:30 PM
I just hit the windshield with a QD(WG Uber) and good to go. Love that mitt. Haven't used clay since. What a time saver!

PhxDarius
06-01-2016, 10:39 PM
I would soak it in hot water overnight.

Does this help the break in period?

raheelc
06-01-2016, 10:46 PM
I have the GG version of the clay mitt, and I just cover the vehicle with soap through my foam gun, then first rub the mitt on all the windows, then move on to the body panels.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

roguegeek
06-01-2016, 11:33 PM
I have the GG version of the clay mitt, and I just cover the vehicle with soap through my foam gun, then first rub the mitt on all the windows, then move on to the body panels.

Huh. I never thought about doing it that way. It's always been wash, dry, clay lube, clay alternative, dry. Seems like this could save a whole lot of time.

raheelc
06-02-2016, 12:21 AM
Huh. I never thought about doing it that way. It's always been wash, dry, clay lube, clay alternative, dry. Seems like this could save a whole lot of time.
Yeah that's what my plan was initially. Then read one of Mike Philip's post on the forum about soaping the vehicle and rubbing it out with the mitt. Decided to try that method and it worked great! My process has been wash, rinse, iron-x and re-soap and agitate with wash mitt, let the iron-x sit for a few minutes, rinse off, then re-soap, and then rub the vehicle with the clay mitt, and a last final rinse. Then dry the vehicle, so you're really only drying the vehicle once.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

PaulMys
06-03-2016, 06:45 PM
Good info from all above. Thanks, fellas. :)