PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Chevrolet Camaro

Pages : [1] 2 3

Dwayne
10-17-2007, 09:04 AM
I keep finding myself doing more and more research on the 2009 Camaro. Growing up in the 80's, the IROC-Z was the coolest car to have when I was in high school. although I never did get that IROC, I have had a handful of Trans Ams. I've owned and 82, 88 and a 98 Trans Am and no other car that I've owned has been as much fine to drive than my GM muscle cars.

I've owned an Acura Integra and although the that was a very reliable care that was fun to drive and the engine was smooth as silk, I miss the rumble of a V8. My Dodge Dakota had a Magnum V8 with good power but to me it just wasn't as fun to drive.

Long story short, I'm counting down the months, weeks and days until I can drive off in my new Camaro. It might be a good idea to wait until the 2010 model year so they can work out any bugs but I'm not going to wait, I'm ready now! Im the MAN

Is anyone looking forward to the launch of the new Camaro? Let's do a poll and vote!

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/2009_camaro.jpg

Russecu
10-17-2007, 09:22 AM
I will test drive it but I also want to test drive the Dodge Challenger when it arrives.

Meghan
10-17-2007, 11:17 AM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/2009_camaro.jpg

Dwayne you can have one of those, if you will pick me up one of these.... Im the MAN

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/BMW.jpg

sneek
10-17-2007, 11:48 AM
135?????

67Customs
10-17-2007, 11:58 AM
Where is the "No interest, because Camaros suck and Mustangs will always out sell them" option?

DantheMan
10-17-2007, 12:01 PM
Glad to see it back, but I'm not a fan of the retro looks.. Can't stand the new Mustangs (and i'm a current mustang owner x 2 ).. But I do like the looks of the GM offering more so than the Ford..

I also owned a '99 Trans am for a while.. Not a truly brand loyal guy when it comes to cars.. Currently own 2 Ford's, 1 Toyota, 1 Nissan, and a Mitsubishi (the worst out of all them by far)

wytstang
10-17-2007, 12:03 PM
+1 :D
No really competition is good for any manufacture so having the camaro back should get Ford to up the performance platform on the mustang. Or at least bring the SVT team back to make more big power small blocks.

Z06-Goose
10-17-2007, 12:38 PM
Chevy rules!!! :D
I love Camaros. I've owned 3 of them in my lifetime :)

gary26
10-17-2007, 12:42 PM
Actually it looks like a Dodge to me. Nice car though good luck Duane.

Surfer
10-17-2007, 02:27 PM
I'll take the Challenger over the Stang or Camaro. Give me the Challenger murdered out :righton:

2KLS1
10-17-2007, 03:22 PM
I'll take the Challenger over the Stang or Camaro. Give me the Challenger murdered out :righton:
I'm with you on that one, the Challenger gets my attention more than the Camaro. Have they even decided if they're building the damn thing yet.

The Camaro is cool, I have a friend that pretty much guaranteed me that he's getting one. I'll hold judgement until it comes out since most cars change quite a bit from concept to production. Unfortunately the really cool retro interior will definitely change and be replaced the the typical cheap GM interior. Anyone know what the production wheels will look like?

FMINUS
10-17-2007, 03:29 PM
HAHAhah you and "murdering" out cars!!!!

I'm with you on that one, the Challenger gets my attention more than the Camaro. Have they even decided if they're building the damn thing yet.

The Camaro is cool, I have a friend that pretty much guaranteed me that he's getting one. I'll hold judgement until it comes out since most cars change quite a bit from concept to production. Unfortunately the really cool retro interior will definitely change and be replaced the the typical cheap GM interior. Anyone know what the production wheels will look like?+

Its supposed to be out in the Spring, Im going to take a drive when it does. I really like the way it looks, I have to see it in person.

a couple of cars lately have made me fight my stand of "no americans"
GTO
Z06
Challenger
Viper

Im still fighting, but I just might slip......

ScottB
10-17-2007, 05:16 PM
I have seriously been considering one also. I want a true daily driver, and must have V8, rear wheel drive, and preferably domestic. I also like the new Pontiac G8 (Clubsport) on paper. I can tell you with family all inside GM including one very high exec you will like whats coming on the Camaro. The V8 at around 400hp is not the top motor, and there will be an SS version almost as potent as Z06 within 18 months of launch.

The mustang will always sell better as it is a more feminine design. They sell loads of them little V6's and thus will have the market if only sales are included. The Charger is fat, over 4000 pounds, and is likely to cost more based upon build materials and smaller unit. Chrysler is in hot water too, as they sell so many V8's between cars and trucks already, it will likely have a big gas guzzler penalty attached.

klumzypinoy
10-17-2007, 05:33 PM
Ever since I saw it in Transformers, I fell in love with it, seeing it in action :D

AL417
10-17-2007, 05:36 PM
I'd like see it and test drive one. I had a '77 and a '79 Z28. I don't know that I could drive a car anymore. I like sitting high in a truck.