PDA

View Full Version : Water Spots After Washing

Pages : [1] 2 3

bryanviper
05-30-2016, 10:44 AM
Hello,

Wondering what you guys do to avoid water spots after washing in the sun. Unfortunately I have no garage and no shade to wash my car so I have to wash it in the sun. I always try to keep all the panels wet by constantly spraying it with water however it only helps so much. Is there a specific soap maybe that will help or when I'm drying the car should I be spraying detailer to get rid of the water spots?

Thanks

Finemess
05-30-2016, 10:53 AM
Can you move your washing time to early morning or early evening? Do you flood rinse after washing? A QD may help with light water spots.

JeffM
05-30-2016, 10:54 AM
When I lived in Fl I would wash either early in the am or at dusk. A bottle with vinegar at desired dilution would remove the waterspots, and the wax or sealant more then likely as well.

I also just ordered , thanks to the sale today, the Scholl's spray wax that has some cleaning ability to it, just for this reason.

GSKR
05-30-2016, 10:58 AM
I always use a wash and wax type soap.Tried a non wax product out I the sun with horrible chalky results.always have to follow up with a qd for removal of spots after washing in the sun.

GSKR
05-30-2016, 11:01 AM
Forgot after final rinse dry the hood roof and trunk fairly quickly and the sides as well.

WT Taggart
05-30-2016, 11:02 AM
I would suggest using a foam cannon if you have a power waster and make sure you use a PH balance car shampoo. Don't rinse until you completely washed the vehicle. I rather leave the PH Balance shampoo on the vehicle then water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cyclops
05-30-2016, 11:08 AM
1. CR Spotless
2. Use QD while drying
3. 6AM wash time

Fast Eddie
05-30-2016, 11:16 AM
Early AM wash times like suggested, I never wash in the sun, ever.

GSKR
05-30-2016, 11:21 AM
Doing this day in and day out for money that option is not there,however personal maintenance is too wait for those times.

FUNX650
05-30-2016, 11:22 AM
•Buy a pop-up canopy.

Bob

GSKR
05-30-2016, 11:31 AM
•Buy a pop-up canopy.

Bobgood answer,but not worth the time or aggravation to cover only half the car from a business perspective .I would rather wipe the spots off the car then to go that route.maybe suitable for one 8hr location but I can deal with the elements.

FUNX650
05-30-2016, 02:09 PM
good answer, but not worth the time
or aggravation to cover only half
the car from a business perspective.
I was thinking that the OP
is not doing this for a living.

Bob

Jeff Wagner
05-30-2016, 02:24 PM
CR spotless = no spots and problem solved

WRAPT C5Z06
05-30-2016, 02:32 PM
Wash in shade or even better, CR Spotless. I have a deionized tank I rent from Culligan and will never go back to city water.

Zelfiris
05-30-2016, 03:21 PM
Some suggestions:

- Wash in the shade
- Find out your water hardness. The harder the water, the more minerals leaving behind on your car causing water spots
- Add some Optimum No Rinse to your wash bucket (some years back on AGO a member mentioned it helps with softening your water)
- Try using rinseless wash instead of 2 buckets. You can dry one section at a time so there would no time for water to sit
- Invest in gamma seal lids for your buckets and go somewhere with shade

If the panel is burning I would not wash or wax. Instant water spots.