PDA

View Full Version : Blackfire Carnauba Spray Wax over Pinnacle Souveran?

fizzleation
05-29-2016, 04:25 PM
Washed the car this morning with Duragloss, then followed up with Aquawax as a drying aid. To finish it off, I used Pinnacle Souveran paste wax for the first time--wow. That stuff is absolutely amazing, even on a silver vehicle it gives such a nice shine. And, it's so incredibly easy to hand apply.

Anyway, it being a long weekend and me having an abundance of time on my hands, I'm thinking of topping all of that with some blackfire midnight sun carnauba spray wax. Would this help/hurt? Any period of time I should wait after after applying the paste wax?

Thank you for indulging this completely unnecessary chore to keep my hands busy!

fizzleation
05-29-2016, 04:40 PM
I should also note that I have some Megs D156 on hand--maybe that's a better route.

BadgerRivFan
05-30-2016, 11:58 AM
Why "dilute" the beautiful carnauba glow of the Pinnacle Souveran? Just leave it alone.

Use your Midnight Sun spray wax in 3-4 weeks to freshen up your Souveran...

FUNX650
05-30-2016, 02:55 PM
IMO:
You might as well top everything off with
the BlackFire spray Wax...you've already
put a Show Car Wax on top of a Sealant.

Bob

Old Pirate
05-30-2016, 03:16 PM
There's no problem doing this with these 2 products, both go hand in hand and your getting the shine and protection your looking for.

shadwell
05-30-2016, 06:24 PM
I wouldn't and don't bother topping my souveran..

With subsequent washes I use OCW... (once week, occasional wipe down of dust with ONR ONW mix)..

After a few months I re-apply the souveran... and repeat.... (twice a year its compounded and poilished as needed..)

Daily driver, 500kms a week, hot sunny humid climate.. white paint.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
05-31-2016, 01:21 AM
If you decide to put anything on top of Souveran, I would add a Carnauba based product on top rather than one with Synthetic properties.