PDA

View Full Version : Shelf life of polish?

dinkydow
06-25-2006, 12:34 PM
I have polish that I keep buying. Usually it is because I read some where that this polish or that polish is the utopia. I even have some I haven't used yet. My question is: Can I use this polish if it is 5 years old? I am not clear if there is a shelf life with liquid polish/sealant etc. Thanks!

abrcrombe
06-25-2006, 12:37 PM
My guess is that it should be ok. Shake it first. Are you getting some kind of a deal on this polish, or are you just stocking up in case they cease to create it anymore?

dinkydow
06-25-2006, 12:46 PM
Thank you for advise. I like that one, I will have to tell that to my wife when she harasses me about all the polish I have. Actually, I enjoy waxing/polishing my cars, it clears the head. As far as why I have so many different brands I guess the easiest answer is that if you were to tell me or post that Poor Boys is the best thing going and gives a great shine and lasts a long time I would probably order some, then if tomorrow I read where someone is saying the same about griots I would buy that. I guess I am looking for the fountain of shine and durability.

abrcrombe
06-25-2006, 12:52 PM
ohhh, I thought you were stocking up on one kind of polish. HAHA! It isn't a problem stocking up on different polishes. I wish I could, but I need to spend my money wisely because I am on the poor side.

I guess I am looking for the fountain of shine and durability.
Have you tried Souveran? :p

Jonboy
06-25-2006, 01:57 PM
I find that problem with these forums people have there own experiences and i end up buying and trying everything people talk about, but can say i'm finally settling for Pinnacle and Wolfgang products.

NissanOwner
06-25-2006, 05:42 PM
I find that problem with these forums people have there own experiences and i end up buying and trying everything people talk about, but can say i'm finally settling for Pinnacle and Wolfgang products.

:iagree:

Did the same, bought all the different lines of AG products but now settling on Pinnacle and WG. But do like trying different kinds of QDers, been buying a whole of bunch of them lately.

joe.p
06-25-2006, 05:50 PM
I do it all the time.what i have found is that i use different products for different situations and have been lucky to have them when others have failed. you won't regret it.

abrcrombe
06-25-2006, 05:53 PM
I do it all the time.what i have found is that i use different products for different situations and have been lucky to have them when others have failed. you won't regret it.

Always good to have different products. Different products work differently in each situation, and the more products you have, the better chance you have of finding something that works for you or your customers.

dinkydow
06-25-2006, 06:19 PM
Johnboy and Nissanowner I see you both have settled on Pinnacle and wolf gang. Which of their products do you recommend?? I just put a coat of P21 on so I should be good for a couple of months but I am always looking for the magic bullet. Yes, I agree about having some standby.s. It seems what works on one color doesn't work as good on another color.

NissanOwner
06-25-2006, 07:36 PM
Johnboy and Nissanowner I see you both have settled on Pinnacle and wolf gang. Which of their products do you recommend?? I just put a coat of P21 on so I should be good for a couple of months but I am always looking for the magic bullet. Yes, I agree about having some standby.s. It seems what works on one color doesn't work as good on another color.

I use the WG DG and top with Souveran Paste. Both products are the easiest to put on and take off, with great results.

BILL
06-25-2006, 07:45 PM
ohhh, I thought you were stocking up on one kind of polish. HAHA! It isn't a problem stocking up on different polishes. I wish I could, but I need to spend my money wisely because I am on the poor side.

Have you tried Souveran? :p

or U.P.P.???:p :p :p