PDA

View Full Version : summer storage - waxes, etc

briarpatch
05-28-2016, 07:00 AM
With the hot weather approaching, I have a question for you guys.....how do you store your products in the heat? My garage stays a little cooler than outdoors, but it still gets fairly hot in there. Any issues with different products separating during the summer?

hoyt66
05-28-2016, 07:29 AM
I keep all waxes, sealants and coatings indoors all year.

ScottH
05-28-2016, 07:51 AM
With the hot weather approaching, I have a question for you guys.....how do you store your products in the heat? My garage stays a little cooler than outdoors, but it still gets fairly hot in there. Any issues with different products separating during the summer?

There are very few products that I would leave outdoors in the heat. I store them all indoors. Being them inside if you can - less likely to go bad or separate. I made the mistake of leaving products in my garage and they either dry out or separate.

GSKR
05-28-2016, 11:41 AM
I leave all my products in my transit all year long,but the only promblem I have is water based dressing the heat turns it into a pure gel.products get ruined from time not in use maybe over a year.cold weather is a different scenario.

PaulMys
05-31-2016, 08:07 PM
I leave all my products in my transit all year long,but the only promblem I have is water based dressing the heat turns it into a pure gel.products get ruined from time not in use maybe over a year.cold weather is a different scenario.

Exactly. I found out the hard way not to let any care product freeze. Just throw it out. :/

Here in NY, I keep mine in my basement in the spring/summer/fall, then into my spare room upstairs for the winter. Never had a problem since.