PDA

View Full Version : How dirty is acceptable of microfiber towel

ichigo103
05-28-2016, 03:22 AM
Big question of using microfiber towel.
I currently use chinchilla microfiber buffing cloth for rinseless car wash. Because of dark color, it is really hard to see dirts. So by far I just can see and remove big contaminations on the towels. Small particular which usually show clearly on white towel. So how dirty of microfiber is acceptable for rinseless? If i wash towel and there are still black dirt line without big contaminations. Is that ok?

idriveblackcars
05-28-2016, 04:08 AM
Is the car dark or the color of the towel dark? Stick to the white ones,I would never use a black towel for a rinse less wash. I tend to stay away from dark towels because it's hard to see what you picked up. I just use the darker ones to take off waxes, sealants etc.

And how dirty is dirty? If I can see a line of dirt it may be time to flip to a clean side of the towel,I fold mine in fours.

Don M
05-28-2016, 05:03 AM
I use orange towels, but I do the same thing ... fold it into 4 squares and flip to a clean fold when I start to see pollen/dust/whatever building up on the cloth. When all the 'squares' are "dirty" I switch to a new towel.

TTQ B4U
05-28-2016, 05:47 AM
Use a longer nap 480gsm or better towel. They release dirt and contaminants very easily when sprayed with a higher pressure stream/fan pattern as a pre-rinse to them going into the washer. I use orange colored ones and fold them over into 16 sections/passes rolling the edge as I make my way across each panel.

ichigo103
05-28-2016, 09:54 AM
I mean the towel, look like I will buy from MfT now since they have good deal 20% off with 15% off first order, i will use chinchilla microfiber buffing cloth for drying from now