PDA

View Full Version : What's the best smelling fallout/iron remover?

Pages : [1] 2 3

bmwgeek
05-27-2016, 11:43 PM
I finished my bottles of iron X and wolf de ironizer and looking for a new fallout remover. What's the best smelling fallout/iron remover?

DBAILEY
05-28-2016, 05:29 AM
None of them smell good. Grin and bear it.

Setec Astronomy
05-28-2016, 06:20 AM
Clay.

JeffM
05-28-2016, 11:37 AM
a decon wash smells better and works better.

idriveblackcars
05-28-2016, 12:36 PM
I can tell you ironX LC also smells just as bad.

PiPUK
05-28-2016, 05:50 PM
Shall I let you into a secret? When a product in this class does not have the strong characteristic odour, one of two things is true:

1) you have spent too long sniffing chemicals and your nose isn't working right
2) The product has less active ingredient than the obviously smelly products

Quite simply, the active ingredient smells bad. You can get lower odour versions but they still smell. You can put masking agents and fragrances, but it is impossible to cover the level of odour that arises from 20%+ of the active material. The only truly effective method is to drop that activity level (and yes, there are more than a few which are closer to 10% than 20... but they will still try and claim to be the best...

shadwell
05-28-2016, 06:45 PM
Summary :- Stink is good

PiPUK
05-29-2016, 04:51 AM
Summary :- Stink is good

Until I see a genuine exception otherwise - yes. Lets say that anyone who can succeed otherwise is wasting their time posting on here as there are billions to be made in other markets, with such IP.

TacTics
06-03-2016, 10:30 AM
One weekend I used my riccardo iron maiden fallout remover to do my car with. Used it out side with a nice breeze. . . still wafted into the garage and stunk it up for a couple of days. Wife was not pleased. Told me never use it again.

So of course the following weekend I decided to defy her and do her car with it. The smell triggered something in her I've never seen before. She got straight up pissed. Threatened to toss my entire cleaning supply collection out if I ever use it again.
She said "If the Bog of Eternal Stench had a close second, this was it". I laughed at the reference. . . she did not.

oc412
06-03-2016, 12:19 PM
Some say Dub Wheel cleaner by Meguiars. Its on sale on Amazon for 6.99 right now. I just got 2 bottles of it. It says "Piņa Caliente fragrance" but I am sure it still doesn't smell pleasant

RangerDetails
06-03-2016, 12:37 PM
Speaking of which. I ordered a bottle of Iron-x. It sais "Cherry scented" on the label. Opened the bottle and gave a very good and hard sniff. Wasn't expecting it to smell like a rotting corpse. I thought it was an old bottle or something but I can see from this thread that it does not smell like cherry at all.

oc412
06-03-2016, 12:40 PM
Speaking of which. I ordered a bottle of Iron-x. It sais "Cherry scented" on the label. Opened the bottle and gave a very good and hard sniff. Wasn't expecting it to smell like a rotting corpse. I thought it was an old bottle or something but I can see from this thread that it does not smell like cherry at all.

haha yeah, would not recommend sticking your nose in a bottle of any type of iron remover of any sort. I've yet to find one that smells pleasant.

Bill1234
06-03-2016, 01:52 PM
3d bdx has little smell

GSKR
06-03-2016, 02:05 PM
I have a fallout remover with no scent 10.40 a gallon and dilutable.sorry guys no name ag deosnt sell.

DetailKitty
06-03-2016, 03:04 PM
I have tried a few different scents of IronX... they all still stinks but are very effective. We are stuck with the smell of "perm" LOL