PDA

View Full Version : How to properly apply wax after sealent

poyo150
05-27-2016, 07:27 AM
I want to know how to properly and safely to apply a wax after a sealent. I read peoples post that they do put a wax over a sealent but how do you safely apply it. The sealant has to cure and while it's curing it will get dusty. Can I just put the wax after the sealent has cure or do I clean the sealant with a detail spray?

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Paul A.
05-27-2016, 08:15 AM
I always wait for the next weekly wash and then apply my wax topper. The important thing is, as you mentioned, to let the sealant fully cure. Equally important is to "work clean" as Mike P preaches. I give every sealant 24 hours just to make sure it is fully cured. I know there are varying cure time recommendations from different manufacturers but i like to play it safe. Because of that length of time it is inevitable i will need to wash the vehicle and that insures the paint is clean and now ready for wax.

On the other side, if you have applied a sealant and alotted the suggested cure time and it has not been driven or subjected to picking up any dirt (preferably garaged or under cover) i do a MF SUPER LIGHT cleaning to get anything off that may have settled on the paint. Then i apply my wax.

poyo150
05-27-2016, 07:25 PM
Thanks for the help on replying 😊

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk