PDA

View Full Version : RMG and sealant question

svtsupremecy
10-16-2007, 05:35 PM
Ok so i did a complete detail on my car the other day which included: wash/clay, Menz 106/ SIP, Danase Wet Glaze, Duragloss101+105. I have a few scratches on it from drying it once, and i thought to myself.

Can i put a coat or 2 of RMG over my sealant and then put wax over it to seal it in? Will this tear through my sealant if i use my PC to put on some Red moose glaze and maybe some nattys blue??? I wanna fill in my scratches for another couple months before i detail her again.

Thanks for any advice guys, I been buying stuff of AG for months without knowing there was a Forum on here....heres what im working with.
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t31/svtsupremecy/2007_1003Image0129.jpg
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t31/svtsupremecy/2007_1003Image0130.jpg

cullen2505
10-16-2007, 05:51 PM
I'm not sure RMG will tear through your sealant but if it does the Natty's should provide adequate protection. Not really sure how much filling RMG will do. Does the Danase Wet Glaze fill?

Al-53
10-16-2007, 06:09 PM
The RMG will most likely tear thru the sealant since it does have a cleaner in it....

you can do the e-z glaze over the sealant....it works fine that way...then add another coat of sealant over it then a wax if want to....

AL

svtsupremecy
10-16-2007, 06:56 PM
hmmm... what about Danase wet glaze? think it will go through my DG 105? Does Danase glaze contain cleaners, i know its acrylic??

Al-53
10-16-2007, 07:26 PM
hmmm... what about Danase wet glaze? think it will go through my DG 105? Does Danase glaze contain cleaners, i know its acrylic??

The Danase wet glaze is claimed to have no cleaners according to Bob...so it will work over a sealant...I use it over DG 105 between coats and works fine..or I use it over 105 then a wax like collinite 915...nice combo...the paste wax does a little filling ..but not much....and is temp anyways...

the Menz glaze works nice in filling also and works with a sealant or wax....

AL

tgstang21
10-21-2007, 01:12 PM
so if I'm gonna use a glaze for the first time in combo with a sealant and topper wax, in what order do the products go on the car? glaze-sealant-wax or sealant-glaze-wax or any other order that i'm unaware of? lol thnx for any help

redg35
10-21-2007, 03:36 PM
so if I'm gonna use a glaze for the first time in combo with a sealant and topper wax, in what order do the products go on the car? glaze-sealant-wax or sealant-glaze-wax or any other order that i'm unaware of? lol thnx for any help
Glaze sealant then wax,i use danase glaze and fmj as a sealant and it works great.

Z06-Goose
10-21-2007, 04:24 PM
The Danase Wet Glaze will be a great base for a sealant. I love that combo. Using Danase Wet Glaze and a Sealant will be good as it is, and after the Sealant has cured if you want to top it with a wax like Natty's, you'll be fine. I wouldn't recommend using RMG on top of all that as it was pointed out

I actually use 3 glazes that I like a lot; RMG to use as base for wax on black or red color paints, and either Prima Amigo or Danase Wet Glaze as a base for Sealant and waxes as well

Z06-Goose
10-21-2007, 04:31 PM
so if I'm gonna use a glaze for the first time in combo with a sealant and topper wax, in what order do the products go on the car? glaze-sealant-wax or sealant-glaze-wax or any other order that i'm unaware of? lol thnx for any helpredg35 already answered that question. I may add you never want to use sealant over wax, as the wax may interfere with the bonding of the sealant, not to mention it will reduce its durability
Also, if you like using Glaze-Sealant combo like I do, I'd recommend using a acrylic based glaze like Danase, or Prima so that the sealant bonding will be much better
Another product I like a lot as my base for Sealant, is the XMT-360, it's not a glaze, but it's such a great base for sealants, and it gives you some awesome results!