PDA

View Full Version : Ionizers

southernss
05-26-2016, 12:13 PM
I do not have any experience with an ionizer because I have never needed one personally. That being said I am in need of a commercial unit for my detailer to use at my dealership. I am needed one for vehicles that get traded in and have been smoked in. Any guidance on a good commercial unit that will last would be greatly appreciated.

Setec Astronomy
05-26-2016, 12:20 PM
Do you mean an ozone generator?

southernss
05-26-2016, 01:06 PM
Possibly. Again I am unfamiliar with these. I just need something I can use to get rid of the cigarette smell in cars.

oldmodman
05-26-2016, 06:34 PM
Several years ago I bought one of the inexpensive Chinese ozone generators off of E-bay for under $100 This isn't the exact same one that I got but the specs are the same.
New Commercial Ozone Generator Industrial Air Purifier Mold Mildew Smoke Odor J | eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Commercial-OZONE-GENERATOR-Industrial-Air-Purifier-MOLD-MILDEW-SMOKE-odor-J-/161042404876?hash=item257ee0160c:g:XnQAAOSwYHxWOSk c) (I looked and AG doesn't sell any)

It work very nicely. I have used it with ciggy smoke and it does eliminate it. But only if the interior has also been completely cleaned, including foaming the inside of the AV ducting. I am including extracting the carpets and in one case even the headliner.

But, for me, the real acid test was the stinky mom-mobile. Spilled milk, leaking diapers, rotting backseat food, AND BIG WET DOG! It took two four hour runs with the ozone generator but after the second try there was no more stench.

This was after all the interior cleaning was already done.

GSKR
05-26-2016, 08:30 PM
Cig smell and cat piss,you will be defeated more than likely.people who don't smoke will pick up the smell in the very slightest.

98LowRanger
05-27-2016, 09:34 AM
Here is a thread I started not long ago when I was looking to buy a Ozone generator.
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/98760-ozone-generator-machine.html

Like others have mentioned, you still must thoroughly clean the interior and source of the odor. Especially for smoke. I ended up purchasing a small ozone generator off Amazon that had great reviews. It was in my budget ($150) and I have used it once so far and it worked perfectly. It's tough because there are a bunch of manufacturers of ozone machines and they range in price from $50 - $2000+! If your budget allows, I would get an ozone machine that uses UV instead of corona discharge. From my research it seems to be a more efficient machine. Also Maxblaster and Dyna Breeze are two higher end brands, but I didn't want to pony up the cash for one of their units. These machines are often used in houses and hotels with MUCH more square footage than even a large SUV interior so a big expensive machine is not necessary in my opinion.