PDA

View Full Version : Convertible Top Stains

slowlane
05-25-2016, 05:29 PM
I have fabric convertible top on a 1999 Vette that is stained from folding the top. The top is a light beige color and the stains are black- probably from the folded cloth top rubbing the top rubber window seals which are black. I've tried fabric stain remover and top cleaner and nothing so far will take out the well set-in black stains. I'm thinking I might have to use a solvent to get them out. Any recommendations would be helpful. Thanks in advance

GSKR
05-25-2016, 06:30 PM
Your kinda capped with that being its fabric.If it were vinyl you can pretty much try more alternatives.I would try a traffic lane cleaner and massage it in with your hand,no scrubbing you will ruin the material.

slowlane
05-26-2016, 05:33 PM
Your kinda capped with that being its fabric.If it were vinyl you can pretty much try more alternatives.I would try a traffic lane cleaner and massage it in with your hand,no scrubbing you will ruin the material.

Thanks. Any recommendation on a good traffic lane cleaner that would be appropriate?

GSKR
05-26-2016, 08:54 PM
Resolve or better yet if that was my car I would google carpet and upholstery trade supply store.Drive down there and have them look at it or recommend a product that they may have.