PDA

View Full Version : Charging for deep cleaning interior

StealthXJ
05-25-2016, 03:36 PM
I have only ever vacuumed, very thoroughly, carpets and upholstery, but I am about to invest in deeper cleaning tools. With that said, if a vehicle has really bad stains throughout and needs the work, how do you go about charging a customer? Do you give them the option to add a deep cleaning, or do you just say, "here is what the total price will be?" Just trying to see how best to price the service.

Audios S6
05-25-2016, 05:47 PM
Best to offer a few different packages or separate the stain treatment entirely. You could just do it as a flat rate add on, or charge hourly.

In my case there are 3 options

1 vacuum and cursory wipe down of everything plus clean glass

2 add steam clean to hard and soft surfaces and dress everything

3 add spot treatment & extraction to soft surfaces and protect hard surfaces

GSKR
05-25-2016, 06:05 PM
I would charge a flat rate,and dont guarantee the stains.

shadwell
05-25-2016, 06:16 PM
IME, if the dirt in the car is dry, without stains and loose, the visible improvment is about 95% after straight hoover..

ie when you extract oveer this a ton of filth comes out of the mats and acrpet but most is deep in the pile and hard to see...

Soooo.. most peoeple will aprerciate the visual step up off hoovering.. but not the deep cleaning (stains aside here...)

As a business model i would absolutely charge for the deeper cleaning / shampooing of the carpets....

IF you want to do this, and folks dont see the benfit, one pass over the floor mat and showing the wste water normally grosses enough people out that you can get them to want it done a few times a year..... between that just the vacumning etc..

Re stains.. absolutley, no guarantees, but again IME products and tools these days are remarkably effective and the improvement level is usually still very pleasing..
a before and after pic is good here for the client as sometimes they forget (convieniently) just how bad it was an hour or 2 earlier..

All the best.

StealthXJ
05-25-2016, 07:32 PM
Thank you all for the advice! Now, I so not have a steam cleaner, but should I still use that terminology? I'm all about honesty.

Fast Eddie
05-25-2016, 09:17 PM
I always give a price "range" with deep interior cleaning so I don't screw myself in the long run, under-promise and over-deliver. I charge quite a bit for complete interior detailing as most detailers around me don't have the machines, extractors, tools and knowledge to do that type of work.

Audios S6
05-26-2016, 03:23 PM
I would charge a flat rate,and dont guarantee the stains.

Yup, careful how you word your package.

In my case, I'm very specific that it's stain treatment. I'm getting paid to treat the stains, not remove them.

Audios S6
05-26-2016, 03:31 PM
Thank you all for the advice! Now, I so not have a steam cleaner, but should I still use that terminology? I'm all about honesty.

No. That was just an example of how I structure my packages. I'm sure you can tweak it to suit the tools and products you have on hand.