PDA

View Full Version : Tornado Black, Velocity-Vac, LGM

Pages : [1] 2

StealthXJ
05-25-2016, 10:35 AM
I am looking to invest in a Tornado gun after seeing just how well it cleans. Before I researched more on the Tornado gun, I was pretty set on just buying a Bissell LGM Proheat. Will the Tornado Black pretty much replace my need for the LGM? Also, should I buy the Tornado Velocity-Vac as well, as the Tornado Black does not suck up any dirt, technically. Thank you.

zmcgovern45
05-25-2016, 10:42 AM
I have all of the above....

The LGM is essentially an extremely basic extractor... a vacuum that also sprays warm water. Quite effective at cleaning carpets and upholstery, but leaves them quite wet afterwards.

The tornador is great for deeper cleaning as the strong stream of air combined with the cleaning solution help to break up dirt in the fibers of the fabrics... and is also quite handy on hard surfaces as well.

Add the velocity vac to the tornador and you've got some form of extraction, but one that does not output nearly the same volume of liquid or same temperature of liquid as the LGM.

I don't do a heck of a lot of interior work, but I find each of them to be useful in their own place. We use the tornador as a stand alone tool the majority of the time, but it is nice to have the others when needed.

StealthXJ
05-25-2016, 01:00 PM
So, I can add the velocity vac to the gun? Hmm... I'm trying to get a good setup without spending too much money.

LSNAutoDetailing
05-25-2016, 01:30 PM
I don't tornador the carpets or fabric seats, although you can with the Tornador.
I use the tornador for door jambs, dash, console, doors, head-liner as required, all hard plastics and areas hard to reach areas, i.e. up near or behind the pedals, rails for the seats, plastics...
For cloth seats, carpets and cloth matts we have an extractor...

If the carpets / matts aren't 't too bad, I will use an aqua brush connected to a DA... but still use tornador for everything else.

Don't know if this answers your question, but multiple tools in the tool box is not a bad idea. The uses for the Tornador are endless.

StealthXJ
05-25-2016, 01:57 PM
I don't tornador the carpets or fabric seats, although you can with the Tornador.
I use the tornador for door jambs, dash, console, doors, head-liner as required, all hard plastics and areas hard to reach areas, i.e. up near or behind the pedals, rails for the seats, plastics...
For cloth seats, carpets and cloth matts we have an extractor...

If the carpets / matts aren't 't too bad, I will use an aqua brush connected to a DA... but still use tornador for everything else.

Don't know if this answers your question, but multiple tools in the tool box is not a bad idea. The uses for the Tornador are endless.

Is there a reason that you prefer using an extractor on upholstery and carpets? By the way, I am planning to buy a KJM brand Tornador, if anyone is familiar with them.

LSNAutoDetailing
05-25-2016, 04:31 PM
Is there a reason that you prefer using an extractor on upholstery and carpets?.

Yes, and not to sound obtuse, but "it extracts"...

My point is, the area gets pretreated with a cleaner and dwells... (doing it's job). Then hot water is injected to activate the cleaner and break down dirt etc... and at the same time the high power vac lifts out the dirt. You should see the spent water in the extractor when we're done.

I'm not saying this is the only method... I'm just saying it's my preferred method.

Mike@ShineStruck
05-25-2016, 06:49 PM
So, I can add the velocity vac to the gun? Hmm... I'm trying to get a good setup without spending too much money.

I'm in the same boat
If you want to do black and velocity pack you'll be exceeding the customers 15amp circuit most likely

Options will be either electric compressor and a generator to run you're dry/wet shop vac/velocity
Or gas air compressor and shop vac/velocity vac

My other delima is compressor layout
Verticals won't fit
Not all horizontals will fit
Wheel barrow style is what I'll most likely get if I go gas compressor

StealthXJ
05-25-2016, 07:04 PM
The black only needs air, while the vacuum needs power and air. I am most likely going to invest in a pancake style electric compressor, as I am working out of my Jeep XJ right now when I'm mobile. The velocity vac is decently cheap, so I may buy that along with the black.

Now, the little green machine I can get for under $100 on Amazon, and I've heard nothing but good things about it, so... it looks like I may be spending a good bit of money again!

ducksfan
05-25-2016, 09:08 PM
You are aware the Tornador Black requires a significant amount of air, correct? I don't know of any pancake compressor that will power it. It really loses it's value with inadequate air.

StealthXJ
05-25-2016, 10:32 PM
You are aware the Tornador Black requires a significant amount of air, correct? I don't know of any pancake compressor that will power it. It really loses it's value with inadequate air.

See, I've read somewhere on here, during my research, that a few have used it with a small compressor with no issues. Now, I know that I won't be able to hold it open forever, but that's OK. I'll take breaks. Maybe I'll invest in a larger 15 gallon or so compressor eventually.

Mike@ShineStruck
05-25-2016, 11:14 PM
I think someone confirmed it to run. Off 3.5cfm

Min recommended specs seem to be 10gallon with 5.3 cfm @90psi
Optimum seems to be 20+ gallon with 6+cfm

The highest with good cfm seems to be the California tools compressor, comes in 10 and 15gallon

Belaire 5020P 20gallon
Best cfm(7.1) to price(288) seems best bag for.buck

zmcgovern45
05-26-2016, 07:34 AM
See, I've read somewhere on here, during my research, that a few have used it with a small compressor with no issues. Now, I know that I won't be able to hold it open forever, but that's OK. I'll take breaks. Maybe I'll invest in a larger 15 gallon or so compressor eventually.

Even our 21 gallon compressor runs constantly with the tornador... a pancake unit would not be advised.

LSNAutoDetailing
05-26-2016, 09:11 AM
I have a 4 cfm, and asked Tornador Support if that was sufficient, here is there answer:

Hi Paul If your compressor is keeping up with your supply demand the lower cfm will be fine

StealthXJ
05-28-2016, 08:53 PM
I have a 4 cfm, and asked Tornador Support if that was sufficient, here is there answer:

Interesting. I enjoy researching this stuff way too much! Although it will be used for business, I almost feel slightly bad about spending so much money on all of these tools because I also enjoy it so much, like a hobby! Haha!

StealthXJ
05-28-2016, 10:53 PM
A few questions here.

Will most outlets have enough juice to safely run an air compressor and a shop vac? I ask because I really would love to try the Tornador vacuum and the Black! I'm quite good with a normal vacuum but I know that most times there are still very fine particles left behind. My issues with just using the Black after a thorough vacuum is that I keep thinking, "where would all the left over particles go since there is no suction?"

On the air compressor side, I found a Harbor Freight, the store everyone loves to hate, 10 Gallon 5.2 CFM at 90PSI air compressor for really cheap! Plus, they are having a big sale tomorrow. I am tempted to go pick up one! Worth a shot?