PDA

View Full Version : Extractors

Reflections-OAC
05-25-2016, 07:09 AM
Scott here. I've been detailing for 7 years part time and have never used an extractor. All I've ever used is a steamer and Meguiars aerosal spray foam as my shampoo. Is that considered a professional service? The Meguiars has always worked well and I've never had a complaint. I scub out all of the stains by hand.

I'm looking at the possibility of going full time as a mobile detailer as well as having a shop in my garage. I'm assuming you will all tell me to get an extractor, but how do you power it up remotely? I have a steamer and a wet dry vac that I am already powering up. I typically use the customers outlet but I don't want to trip the breaker. It's always said that if it's not broke don't fix it. Should I continue with the Meguiars or get an extractor? What are your thoughts?

Also, anyone that uses a generator, can you tell me what output you have for it? Not sure how large to go.

Thanks!
Scott

MattPersman
05-25-2016, 11:27 AM
If it ain't broke dont fix it...isn't that the saying

If what you are doing is up to your customers expectations and your time and effort feels good for the price you charge why add something else to buy and maintain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZ Mike
05-25-2016, 12:01 PM
If it ain't broke dont fix it...isn't that the saying

If what you are doing is up to your customers expectations and your time and effort feels good for the price you charge why add something else to buy and maintain

:whs:

ScubaCougr
05-25-2016, 02:28 PM
FWIW, my Mutes extractor does fine plugged into most exterior or garage outlets IF I'm not running anything else at the same time.

Michael
Great Reflections Detailing
Vancouver WA

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Reflections-OAC
05-25-2016, 03:28 PM
Thanks guys, I appreciate it. I charge as much as my competitors, they all use extractors I'm sure. Am I wrong for this, just a question of ethics I guess. I've never had a complaint, but I don't want to cheat my customers from what they expect from a "professional".

GSKR
05-25-2016, 03:36 PM
I only carry my extractor when a disgusting car that might wick like crazy.90 percent of cars you can get by the method you are doing and much quicker too.