PDA

View Full Version : Just got a MyTee Lite II

asap2stacks
05-24-2016, 07:26 PM
Only paid $600 and it is brand new used once!

Any tips or tricks I should know about this machine before i use it tommarow?

A2D Signature
05-24-2016, 08:01 PM
Use deionized or distilled water. It'll preserve the life of your machine.

Pretreat any cloth area with a dedicated stain remover. Agitate and let sit for a little bit to break up the stains

Allow your machine to heat up for 15-20mins before you get to work.

A2D Signature
05-24-2016, 08:02 PM
Fill the water up first before adding the shampoo so it doesn't create suds while filling

MadMax
05-30-2016, 01:08 AM
I only put water in the solution tank, I spray cleaner on the carpet directly and agitate with a brush before using the extractor. Make sure to use a defoamer in the suction tank. Get the crevice tool, its a must.

richy
05-30-2016, 07:03 AM
Good deal on that!! I just used mine over the weekend, so an area touch up in my in-law's house. I use mine in my house more than in cars (I don't like doing interiors and don't chase that business). If you're going to use it in your home, I strongly recommend the long handled carpet wand...saves the knees and back. Like mad max, I spray the cleaner directly onto the carpet and then extract.

GSKR
05-30-2016, 08:52 AM
I use my extractor more in the house on my tiles than using it for work.I don't mind doing interior work,but if I have to bring the extractor along that means there dirty and I will not be interested.I find the majority of people have a cap on interior cleaning and don't appreciate the correct tools for the job.They just want to know how much is gonna cost me.so I don't carry my extractor with me all the time,maybe I will use it 3 times a year on cars.

Fast Eddie
05-30-2016, 11:14 AM
You stole that machine, great job. When I was starting out many moons ago, someone told me to be the best interior guy around and you would never hurt for work, he was right. People trash their interiors. Get the right tools for the job, charge accordingly and you will be making making money no doubt, at least where I live. Having an extractor is a must have tool for interiors and it will pay for itself in no time. Mine get used 3-4 times a week and has been going strong for over 6 years now, although with upgraded parts ; ) I wish I had only paid $600, but I do have an HP60.

LSNAutoDetailing
05-30-2016, 02:25 PM
Don't forget to use a small amount of defoamer in the collection tank, and you NEVER want water getting down the center stack in the collection tank.

Also, get the neoprene wraps/sleeves that go around the couplings near the trigger... after burning your hand a dozen times, you'll wish you had them. They sell them on the Mytee website.