PDA

View Full Version : Help with XMT

cannondalemr
10-16-2007, 08:31 AM
I've recently started caring for my cars properly(i.e. wash with DP Autobath instead of Dawn. My truck has a ton of light scrathes and spiderwebbing. I currently use a UDM with XMT products however try as I might I cannot remove all of the marks.

The process I have tried is start with 1) XMT 3 on a yellow pad, 2) XMT 1 on a white pad, 3) XMT 360 on a white pad, 4) XMT Glaze on a gray pad.
Before I started the paint had a hazy look, and once I went over with the process above that was gone but some scratches and spiderwebbing was still there.

At first I thought that I wasn't working in the products enough but I re-watched the videos and I'm doing that part right. I also thought that the scratches were too deep, but they cannot be felt so they should come out.

Is it possible that I need to go to XMT 4?

Thanks in advance for any help.

6LS2
10-16-2007, 08:36 AM
Hi there..

XMT#3 on a Yellow pad is pretty aggressive and will leave alot of hazing and micromarring.. Try using XMT #2 with an orange pad then XMT #1 with a white pad. If you dont have XMT #2, try XMT #1 with an orange pad after XMT #3..

Torsion Tool
10-16-2007, 05:54 PM
I've found the #4 effective, but try to reserve it only after trying everything else and then as a spot polish.