PDA

View Full Version : Simple detail on a budget

DjbuddyPL
05-23-2016, 06:49 PM
I live in a town without any big stores that have any car supplies. So I decided to use what I can find in my town. I went to my local dollar general I I picked up turtle wax dry and wax, turtle wax wet tire shine, meguiars car soap, totally awesome at 3:1 to spray down the car to take wax off take dealer applied. http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160523/051d72df7bcab8709e0797c57f44a462.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mantilgh
05-23-2016, 09:22 PM
Looks clean!

Be careful using totally awsome at higher concentrations on paint, especially on the bumpers on white paint. It might be ok but, just be cautious. You could end up with lighter streaks from the product running if used improperly.

I do like the totally awesome, it's a great wheel cleaner, and degreaser.

Meguiars has some great OTC products if you can find them.

DjbuddyPL
05-23-2016, 09:53 PM
I know there is a lot of good otc products but I didn't wanna travel 25 min today to get them. So I just wanted to see what can I achieve with things sold locally and on the low budget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mwoolfso
05-23-2016, 09:58 PM
OTC works!!!

LEDetailing
05-23-2016, 09:58 PM
Very nice looking shine. I still really like the results from Meguiar's Gold Class carnauba paste wax. I would use Turtle Wax products and Meguiar's any day.

It would be fun to have a premium detailer use nothing but OTC products and see the results. I've gotten amazing, near perfect paint polished on a black Honda motorcycle with nothing but Meg's ultimate compound, scratchX and topped with Gold class paste. Oh and it was polished by hand:)

Mantilgh
05-23-2016, 10:14 PM
No, I'm all about the low budget supplies. I always try to check out the discount and dollar stores when I can, you never know what you'll find. I got some great plush towels for cheap that serve their purpose well.

parshooter
05-24-2016, 10:17 AM
It would be fun to have a premium detailer use nothing but OTC products and see the results.

I'm sure a pro could do a better job with OTC products than the average Joe with AGO's finest. It is more about technique than product.

TTQ B4U
05-24-2016, 10:19 AM
OTC works!!!

^^ Agree. The Meg Twins are where I started and lived for a long time. I still have and use them too. Nothing wrong with OTC stuff.