PDA

View Full Version : Rinseless Wash and Drying method question

ILsolsticelvr
05-23-2016, 12:34 PM
Lately, I've been using the Blackfire rinseless wash and drying with Cobra guzzler microfiber drying towels. When I do two bucket washes, I normally use my DP blower to blow the car dry and avoid instilling swirls. Could I use the blower after a rinseless wash instead of using the drying towels? Is it necessary to wipe the solution off the paint? I've read a lot of threads about rinseless, but can't recall seeing the question even asked.

Thanks.

Setec Astronomy
05-23-2016, 12:41 PM
I think you're going to leave some spots/residue that way. Arguably drying rinseless wash is a pretty safe activity, in the same way washing with it is (meaning that it provides some lubricity to the drying in the same way it provides lubricity to the washing). You might also try a "drying aid" (QD or spray wax).

TTQ B4U
05-23-2016, 01:14 PM
I am with Setec above.

My technique is to use a larger 24 or 36" drying towel and use the blotting method making my way around the car once. IMO this not only meets the purpose of removing the water but it also helps pick up any remaining traces of particles that might possibily still be on the vehicle. Don't stress about any remaining water spots or marks at this point.

Next I take my leaf blower or whatever you use and blow out the seems and trim panels, front grill, etc.

Lastly I take a new clean 16x16 towel that you can moisten with a few sprays on each side of detail spray or water wash mix that you will then use to put the final touches on the car as you spray each panel and wipe down one last time.

The above is my technique for keeping my pure black car absolutely pristine and free from self-induced marks. Believe me too, as much as I love the car and what others say about Audi paint being hard, it will scratch and micro mar very easily. I actually need to lightly buff out a small 1x2 areas on it where I put some very very faint lines on testing out a new MF cloth that I thought would work at doing a final wipe down but it turns out it's just not plush enough. Talk about frustration!