PDA

View Full Version : Simplicity

mbpress01
05-23-2016, 07:09 AM
Hi all and thanks in advance for any responses. Over the last few years I have bought a decent amount of tools, creams, pads, microfibers etc etc. As I only take care of a few cars, I am trying to simplify my supplies since I have a whole shelf of stuff that I don't think I will ever use. Goal is to have a swirl free daily drivers with coatings but generally sticking to one line that works with the Flex machines. As Menzerna doesn't have a coating, that line is probably going to be eliminated although it has worked well over the past three years. Also, I am trying to be efficient and go right from polishing to coating, if that can be done. Since the cars are in decent shape compounding is generally not necessary.

My first thought is as follows:

CarPro - Essense and CQ Quartz (use whatever car wash they sell). I have heard CQ Quartz is hard to work with though
Optimium - Hyper Polish with Gloss Coat (I really love Gloss Coat)
Wolfgang - their various polishes with Wolfgang coating (i want to avoid the prep stage for a coating though).

I have two flex machines (one with standard backing plate and one with the LC interchangable) and a rupes mini so the goal is to ensure that the flex/rupes works well with the line and I can go from polish to coating.

Finally, if different product lines work really well together, clearly I would do that (as long as I can go from polish to coating) but there are so many combinations I just don't have the time to try them all out. The cars I am working on are Lexus GS350 (black), Ford Taurus (blue) and a Cadillac (gold) all in decent shape with minimal swirls and scratches.

Any thoughts appreciated.

mwoolfso
05-23-2016, 07:12 AM
All-around package, performance and POP.... Wolfgang

GSKR
05-23-2016, 07:17 AM
Carpro essence would be a option for you,cq coating coating is not hard to work with.

kevincwelch
05-23-2016, 07:38 AM
Wolfgang uber compound, WG Total Swirl, WG prep, WGDGPS3.0 or WG uber coating

vobro
05-23-2016, 09:28 AM
I'm a big CarPro fan if you coat with CQ they have everything to maintain it very easily. Wash with Reset and add gloss and freshen with Hydro2 every so often, their whole line up is built around coatings. CQ is not hard to work with, just start out doing small areas and see how the coating is reacting if it is smearing on removal wait longer if very hard to remove wait less.
Optimum is also a great lineup and GlossCoat is great plus I find great value in the line