PDA

View Full Version : High quality spray bottles that don't break the bank

Pages : [1] 2

uhohitsstevo
05-22-2016, 08:01 PM
I am currently using 32oz bottles from the local store and they are "decent" nothing special. I am looking to upgrade to some nicer bottles and want something high quality but not something that will make me spend 200 on bottles. What are your recommendations.

CarolinasFinestDetailing
05-22-2016, 08:06 PM
Meguiar`s labeled bottles are awesome. I also used some Kwazars for certain tasks.

uhohitsstevo
05-22-2016, 08:07 PM
Kwazars are amazing but they are so expensive!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Father87
05-22-2016, 08:13 PM
I know Griot's will let you order their bottles without labels if you contact them directly. Almost went that route, but I found some nice short clear hard plastic ones elsewhere and threw on the OpUs sprayers.

uhohitsstevo
05-22-2016, 08:13 PM
I know Griot's will let you order their bottles without labels if you contact them directly. Almost went that route, but I found some nice short clear hard plastic ones elsewhere and threw on the OpUs sprayers.

Opu sprayers?

Father87
05-22-2016, 09:23 PM
OpUs sprayer, give it a Google

SANTA3013
05-22-2016, 10:05 PM
Auto Zone

Calendyr
05-22-2016, 10:06 PM
Bottles themselves are pretty much a non-issue. You can use anything you want as long as it's the right size and you should not find much difference between them. What makes or breaks the bottle is the spray gun you use. I use ones from my local janitorial store and they are ok. I still have some of them die on me from time to time even the chemical resistant ones.

I have purchased a ton of bottles in the last 4 years. I went the 32 oz way. If I had to do it again I think I would go with 16 oz ones instead. The 32 oz ones take a lot of room in my containers, of course I don't have to reload them as often but still, I think 16 oz would be more pratical.

I have a few Meguiar ones that came in kits with multiple gallon purchases. I like them. I think if you order multiples the price is not bad, the sprayers are ok as well.

I have not pulled the trigger on Kwazar (sp?) yet. I think they could be good for only 2 tasks: Spraying ONR as a pre-soak and spraying APC on fabric when you shampoo seats and carpets. Anything else they are most likely overkill.

pheerix
05-22-2016, 10:13 PM
All bottles are pretty much the same. The difference is in the sprayers. Get the cheapest bottles you can find then buy quality sprayers on them. +1 on the Opus sprayers. They're the ones that come on Griots and Sonax bottles but you can find them from plastic product distributors. They don't leak from the neck, don't dribble from the nozzle, nice spray pattern, sprays upside down, and meters nicely. I have a few Kwazars for waterless washing and they are nice for that but probably are overkill for other tasks.

Deltarider99
05-22-2016, 10:31 PM
Dollar tree has em for buck a piece, sprayers are pretty terrible though

shagnat
06-07-2016, 04:34 AM
I've bought some el-cheapo spray bottles @ wallyWorld..... not worth the $1.

kevincwelch
06-07-2016, 07:48 AM
I have not pulled the trigger on Kwazar (sp?) yet. I think they could be good for only 2 tasks: Spraying ONR as a pre-soak and spraying APC on fabric when you shampoo seats and carpets. Anything else they are most likely overkill.

I tend to disagree here.

I have the 1.5L Kwazar Kwazar Venus Super Compression Sprayer Pro (the red one), the 1.5L Kwazar Venus Super HD Compression Sprayer (the black one) and some of the 500 mL bottles.

The "red one" works really well for applying DUB (and now BDX) to the wheels easily, and with the rotating tip, the spray gets deep and "up there" really easily. The "black one" I use for laying down a nice coat of D114 prior to a rinseless wash. I can cover the entire car practically with a single round of pressure built up.

The smaller sprayers I use for waterless washes, Hyper Dressing, Quick Detailers and applying spray sealants, HydrO2 and Wet Coat. I like the super fine mist, and with the double action pump, the delivery is much faster.

They don't leak and I've dropped a few of them. Very durable.

I do think you get what you pay for. I'm not saying they rock my world, but they are pretty nice all around.

Octopiston
06-07-2016, 07:51 AM
I've had good luck with the zep bottles for household/garage cleaners and foliar sprays for my orchids and other plants so I stuck with them for my bulk auto detailing chemicals.
They're easily found locally at the big box hardware stores and under $4.

briarpatch
06-07-2016, 08:06 AM
The Meguiars chemical resistant sprayers are very nice.....I do like that Opus sprayer that comes on the Griots bottles, too

FUNX650
06-07-2016, 08:17 AM
Auto Zone
^^^ :dblthumb2: ... x2 ^^^

Bob