PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang Uber Rinseless as drying aid

Pages : [1] 2

AZpolisher15
05-22-2016, 06:13 PM
If you haven't tried this yet as a drying aid- you're missing out. Holy cow is it ever nice for drying. It's probably my favorite use for it! No need to be precise. After washing, just make a quick run-around and spritz it randomly all over. Then dry as usual.

Ha I also love it for everything else, too, but it blew my mind yesterday after a wash at the pay and spray.

(I do keep it off the windshield or it'll give me that weird holograming in the sun)

pheerix
05-22-2016, 10:20 PM
I don't have any issues with streaking on glass. I actually only use it to clean glass.

BrutalNoodle
05-22-2016, 10:41 PM
:laughing: Looks like someone is super satisfied with the purchase. Can't argue with the excitement, it is one helluva product. Don't you just wish everything you buy turns out this nice? lol

Like pheerix, I have zero issues on the windshield; passed the sunrise/sunset test. I'm thinking it's either the towel (I'd bet it's the towel) or you have some residue on the glass itself.

Joe@NextLevelDetail
05-22-2016, 10:54 PM
Uber is really fan frickin tastic. I love that stuff

AZpolisher15
05-22-2016, 11:16 PM
:laughing: Looks like someone is super satisfied with the purchase. Can't argue with the excitement, it is one helluva product. Don't you just wish everything you buy turns out this nice? lol

Like pheerix, I have zero issues on the windshield; passed the sunrise/sunset test. I'm thinking it's either the towel (I'd bet it's the towel) or you have some residue on the glass itself.
You know, I do have aquapel on my windshield. Wonder if that has something to do with it. Like I said- I do use it on my other Windows (with no aquapel) and it's awesome. Ha better than most glass cleaners. Zero streaking. And in the windshield- it's not streaking either (just the sunrise/sunset stuff). Bet it's the aquapel causing the prob. Anyway, yup it's a fabulous product. It even enhances beading on my DG111.

aliitp
05-23-2016, 12:42 AM
I am thinking of the same thing, except with a different product (ONR), what ratio do u use to create your drying aid ? and is this really better from the ONR in terms of ease of use and noob friendly ? :p

roguegeek
05-23-2016, 01:43 AM
Never thought about using it that way. I LOVE Wolfgang Uber Rinseless. Already use it as a rinseless wash, waterless wash, water conditioner, clay lube, and quick detailer. Now somethings new to use it for?! Seriously, this product is just the best.

What dilution ratio did you use for the drying aid?

kevincwelch
05-23-2016, 10:29 AM
I've been using the QD ratio of Uber for a drying aid as well as for... Drum roll... Quick detailing. Rinseless. Presoak. Everything. Uber.

(Sent from my mobile device.)

Jaretr1
05-23-2016, 02:16 PM
I to have used Uber in QD dilution as a drying aid and its great. Uber is such a versatile all around great product.

AZpolisher15
05-23-2016, 05:20 PM
Never thought about using it that way. I LOVE Wolfgang Uber Rinseless. Already use it as a rinseless wash, waterless wash, water conditioner, clay lube, and quick detailer. Now somethings new to use it for?! Seriously, this product is just the best.

What dilution ratio did you use for the drying aid?

I'm using it as a drying aid at the waterless wash ratio (as posted on the page in the AG store), simply because I didn't wanna mix up two containers. I think it was like 1/3oz Uber to 16oz water. I might have used closer to a half ounce.

Just a few shots here and there on the vehicle. It gets in the towel after your first couple passes and it gets pushed around, as well. So you really don't need to hit every square inch with it. Ha I'm calling this my "MIO"-- many in one!

BuffinBuff
05-24-2016, 04:41 PM
Who ever said joining a forum was FREE!!:laughing: Now I have to add this to the list. Probably should just get a gallon right away.

This will actually save a lot of money in the long run since it replaces four other bottles and will lighten up the detail bag...

Consoleman
02-01-2017, 02:22 PM
If you haven't tried this yet as a drying aid- you're missing out. Holy cow is it ever nice for drying. It's probably my favorite use for it! No need to be precise. After washing, just make a quick run-around and spritz it randomly all over. Then dry as usual.

Ha I also love it for everything else, too, but it blew my mind yesterday after a wash at the pay and spray.

(I do keep it off the windshield or it'll give me that weird holograming in the sun)

Pdqgp uses distilled water with uber as a rinseless and washes a few panels before blotting them dry http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/100197-rinseless-wash-how-dirty-will-you-go.html. The water prevents any water spots that hard water can leave behind. I was interested in using his method since my home water is hardish but didnt want to always keep buying distilled water. Is this why you use it as a drying aid to get rid of some water spots while giving your car the final touch up?

BrutalNoodle
02-01-2017, 09:04 PM
Pdqgp uses distilled water with uber as a rinseless and washes a few panels before blotting them dry http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/100197-rinseless-wash-how-dirty-will-you-go.html. The water prevents any water spots that hard water can leave behind. I was interested in using his method since my home water is hardish but didnt want to always keep buying distilled water. Is this why you use it as a drying aid to get rid of some water spots while giving your car the final touch up?

Pretty much my approach; tap for rinseless, distilled for detail spray/drying aid.

ps
Distilled water is $1.49 per gal around here. Adds up quick if I go full on for everything.

Consoleman
02-01-2017, 09:45 PM
Thanks brutalnoodle. While using it as a drying aid do you use a mf or griots drying towel?

BrutalNoodle
02-01-2017, 10:11 PM
Thanks brutalnoodle. While using it as a drying aid do you use a mf or griots drying towel?

Anytime.

Totally up to you with the towel. The Griot's is a superb unit. Any good towel would do, really.

Personally I like the two-towel drying method; one damp (dipped in rinseless then wrung out) and one for final touch up. I've tried all sorts of approach, but this routine seems to be it for me. Any decent damp rag would do the trick nicely - doesn't have to be thick either. I've dried my vehicles with a pair of 300 gsm with no hiccups. Having said that, 400-500 range seems to be the sweet spot.

Give it a try, if only to humor yourself. Do a few sections with a wet+dry towel and do another straight on, you might be surprised how well it works. Or maybe you'd hated it... lol