PDA

View Full Version : Blackfire Wet Diamond Polymer Spray as a drying aid?

Uranium235
05-22-2016, 12:16 PM
I have a bottle of this on the way for my BFWD sealed car - I typically use Meguiar's 155 as a drying aid - can I just use the Blackfire spray, or would I be better off to dry the car completely and then apply the Blackfire?

SRConcepts
05-22-2016, 12:57 PM
You'd be better off doing this when the car is dry- I tried using it as a drying aid once, and ended up with more streaks than I liked. Using it afterwards, however, eliminated drying streaks when there were some left over. It keeps the BFWD nice and slick, though.

Uranium235
05-22-2016, 01:01 PM
That's what I figured. I thought I'd buy a bottle and make my life easier. I just added another step to my washing process!

TTQ B4U
05-22-2016, 01:24 PM
I use WGU mixed up 3oz to a gallon, add little Blackfire Wet Diamond and some Crystal Seal to it and it works awesome for me. No streaks and the surface is glossy and slick as can be.

pheerix
05-22-2016, 10:25 PM
I found that Crystal Seal (and the other WOWAs) do not mix well with water based products, that is they are not miscible at all. I do use them as a drying aid once in a while but no longer mix them in the same bottle.

TTQ B4U
05-22-2016, 10:33 PM
I found that Crystal Seal (and the other WOWAs) do not mix well with water based products, that is they are not miscible at all. I do use them as a drying aid once in a while but no longer mix them in the same bottle.

They do seperate but I constantly mix them and spray. Maybe I'm plain wrong for doing it but it works for me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯