PDA

View Full Version : Newb looking for best sealant with non-chalking properties when it gets on black rubber mouldings etc

nielboy
05-22-2016, 08:25 AM
As the title says gang, I've been detailing my own vehicles my whole life (I'm 52 yrs old now).

I do everything by hand & if I need machine work, I get a pro.

I'm looking for some sealants that I can apply to the vehicle without running the risk of touching the rubber moulding, matte black finish or textured areas/decals and leaving that white chalky haze that is very difficult to remove.

I currently use Zaino AIO, but am looking for alternatives.

I also use Collonite 845 & just love it, except that I have to be careful with it because it does leave the chalky haze & is not recommended by Collonite for the above mentioned surfaces.

My new truck will have a giant matte black decal on the hood as pictured....so shoot me your options of sealants that I can use the truck that won't mar the rubber or that decal.

Thanks

Joe

MattPersman
05-22-2016, 08:41 AM
Optiseal, blackfire CS, etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CarolinasFinestDetailing
05-22-2016, 10:20 AM
Looking at the size of your vehicle, 3 in particular come to mind. CarPro Hydr02 & Reload and Optimum Opti Seal. Hydr02 is perhaps the easiest to seal a vehicle that size of you're washing via the traditional 2 bucket method. It can seal wheels, paint, trim, and windows. Absolute amazing product. If you're rinseless, using Reload or Opti Seal as you dry can seal all the same areas. These 3 provide excellent gloss, longevity, chemical resistance, and water behavior. Plus, they are true time savers.

Mantilgh
05-22-2016, 10:52 AM
Spray sealants are great an the ones I've used so far have not stained. Opti-Seal, Wolfgang DGSS, and the new Rupes spray sealant. I have heard Blackfire Crystal Seal is great too.

AZpolisher15
05-22-2016, 11:52 AM
Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal. Duragloss 111. Sonax Polymer Net Shield. Menzerna Power Lock (I think). Meguiars Ultimate Liquid Wax.

Rsurfer
05-22-2016, 02:59 PM
Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal. Duragloss 111. Sonax Polymer Net Shield. Menzerna Power Lock (I think). Meguiars Ultimate Liquid Wax.
Power Lock does not stain trim.

wn1998
05-22-2016, 05:01 PM
I have become a huge fan of Wolfgang Deep Gloss paint sealant 3.0. It lasts a solid 4-5 months in Chicago heat and winters and looks great!

nielboy
05-22-2016, 06:01 PM
Thanks for all the info guys.

Regarding the CarPro Hydr02, a detailer used that on my last vehicle & it lasted quite awhile durability wise.

Is it easy to use or does it have a big learning curve?

AZpolisher15
05-22-2016, 06:02 PM
Powerlock is awesome, btw. So is Duragloss 111/601 (insane gloss).

Father87
05-22-2016, 06:04 PM
Looking at the size of your vehicle, 3 in particular come to mind. CarPro Hydr02 & Reload and Optimum Opti Seal. Hydr02 is perhaps the easiest to seal a vehicle that size of you're washing via the traditional 2 bucket method. It can seal wheels, paint, trim, and windows. Absolute amazing product. If you're rinseless, using Reload or Opti Seal as you dry can seal all the same areas. These 3 provide excellent gloss, longevity, chemical resistance, and water behavior. Plus, they are true time savers.

On the money. I'd go with Hydro2 for such a big vehicle.

Riff
05-22-2016, 06:35 PM
I have become a huge fan of Wolfgang Deep Gloss paint sealant 3.0. It lasts a solid 4-5 months in Chicago heat and winters and looks great!

It's a great product and shines paint like crazy but stains plastic trim, big time.