PDA

View Full Version : Haze or film on Corvette

bigparker714
05-20-2016, 11:53 PM
Have a 13 Black Corvette. I did the Wolfgang twins 2 years ago, porter cable, along with wax carnauba wax in between.

The paint is starting to look like it needs to be polished again. I wash and clay as usual, but can't get rid of the haze/film on the paint. TSR leaves what appears to be a haze with orange pad. So I went to white pad with finishing glaze. The haze/film is still there. The odd part is, no matter how many microfiber towels I use after removing polish, I see film/haze. It shows the marks from towels if that helps.

Do I need to completely strip the car before I go any further?

Joe@NextLevelDetail
05-21-2016, 12:49 AM
Would have to see a picture on what you are talking about, even pictures it is still hard to see, but thats the first way for us to try to help you.

If you regularly clay your going to be scratching/marring the paint to some degree.

Are you referring to this haze being scratch and swirl related?

Can you feel this haze?

bigparker714
05-21-2016, 04:11 AM
I'll try and get some pictures. My wife described it better, it looks foggy. You can see the fog, and towels leave marks than can be wiped in a direction but not off.

Setec Astronomy
05-21-2016, 05:58 AM
As noted, some pictures may help. Where is the car parked? Inside, outside? If it spends any time outside, where do you live, what kind of environment is it exposed to (factories, trees, bus stop, etc.) What kind of carnauba wax do you use and how often? What kind of wash/clay do you use? Do you use any detail sprays? Is it factory paint or has any of the car been repainted? Do you use a spray tire dressing?

GSKR
05-21-2016, 07:32 AM
Have a 13 Black Corvette. I did the Wolfgang twins 2 years ago, porter cable, along with wax carnauba wax in between.

The paint is starting to look like it needs to be polished again. I wash and clay as usual, but can't get rid of the haze/film on the paint. TSR leaves what appears to be a haze with orange pad. So I went to white pad with finishing glaze. The haze/film is still there. The odd part is, no matter how many microfiber towels I use after removing polish, I see film/haze. It shows the marks from towels if that helps.

Do I need to completely strip the car before I go any further?sounds like a marring issue.To fix this my opinion would be not to use a finishing glaze with a with pad.Use a orange pad with a polish.corvette paint is a little finicky wen it comes to polishing.Im on my 29 th vette detailing for a dealer,and my go to products are fg 400 orange with either orange foam or micro cutting disk if really bad and finish down with HD speed on white pad.get some quality microfibers.The glaze is drying causing you to wipe hard to remove.

GSKR
05-21-2016, 07:42 AM
Or sounds like silicone spray.are you spraying your tires before polishing and waxing to many variables need good pics.

bigparker714
05-21-2016, 06:06 PM
Believe it is hazing from under working or over saturating the pad. Still learning the steps.

irvsmith
05-21-2016, 09:31 PM
Probably too recent of a car to have clear coat failure or oxidation. Pictures will help indeed.

bigparker714
05-22-2016, 11:45 AM
You can see it to the right of the hood line above bumper. Hard to get picture.