PDA

View Full Version : Competition Ready Episode 5 - RIDLR AWARD - Derick Samson's 1952 Mercedes 170S

Mike Phillips
05-20-2016, 11:44 AM
Competition Ready Episode 5 - RIDLR AWARD - Derick Samson's 1952 Mercedes 170S (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/competition-ready-velocity-channel/101571-competition-ready-episode-5-ridlr-award-derick-samsons-1952-mercedes-170s.html)

TONIGHT! 7:30PM Eastern Time!

On Velocity Channel!

On this episode of Competition Ready, we travel to the world famous Detroit Autorama. We'll be working on accomplished builder and up-and-comer, Derick Samson's 1952 Mercedes 170S to prep it for competition for the Ridler award.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8itILML1Z5g

TV Schedule for Competition Ready

Fridays at 7:30pm Eastern Time
Saturdays at 2:00am Eastern Time
Sundays at 9:30am Eastern Time

:)

Jaretr1
05-23-2016, 01:29 PM
Another gorgeous car. And after watching this episode, I definitely want to go to Autorama in Detroit. It was on my kinda want to do list, now its on my must do list. I still think the opening scene with Bob on the phone, and then the RV meeting adds nothing to the show and can be cut. It makes no sense to me why meet in the RV which is parked inside as opposed to what most people would do, meet in an office or around the table? The owner of the car talks enough about the car to give the viewers all we want to know.

Mike Phillips
05-23-2016, 01:38 PM
I still think the opening scene with Bob on the phone, and then the RV meeting adds nothing to the show and can be cut.

It makes no sense to me why meet in the RV which is parked inside as opposed to what most people would do, meet in an office or around the table? The owner of the car talks enough about the car to give the viewers all we want to know.

Hi Jaret,

You can be assured your posts to this forum group are being read.

:)

rlmccarty2000
05-23-2016, 04:17 PM
The episodes are getting better. I agree, cut out Mr. McKee (with all due respect) and drop A.J. from the show. Grab the blonde from All Girls Garage and give her a buffer. She at least seems mechanically inclined, plus she has more personality. Or there must be a female detailer somewhere in the world to take A.J.s place. Hang in there Mike, I'm sure next season will be better.