PDA

View Full Version : Help!! Water spots!

cleanfreak3
05-19-2016, 09:05 PM
I just rinsed my black vehicle off at the coin opt and I drove it home, began performing a rinseless wash. The water dried on me and now I have water spots. Will Pinnacle Souveran Liquid take care of it or do I need to use Pinnacle Cleansing Lotion first and then re-apply wax? I tried detail spray but that didn't work. Man, talk about a perfect finish until these water spots were created.

GSKR
05-19-2016, 09:09 PM
Try a cleaner wax,usually if it's bad a chemical bath would be in order.

SKorch630
05-19-2016, 11:35 PM
Distilled Vinegar works, and is super cheap.

cleanfreak3
05-20-2016, 06:46 AM
Distilled Vinegar works, and is super cheap.

What is the best/safest way to apply to a clean black vehicle?

TTQ B4U
05-20-2016, 07:02 AM
What is the best/safest way to apply to a clean black vehicle?

spray bottle with your choice of wash medium. rinse it off and put on a coat or two of a good wax like collinite 845 or 915. I use both and I'm sure there are others that work but both prevent water spots from sticking on my cars.

I just went through trying out CarPro Reload and noticed water spots stuck like glue and really ticked me off. That's for another thread though.....

LSNAutoDetailing
05-20-2016, 08:27 AM
Sounds like type-I water spots (surface based). Pinnacle Souveran is not a cleaner wax.
A cleaner wax would remove the type-1 spots. If you google Autogeek you'll see a number of cleaner waxes:
Griot's Garage Cleaner Wax
Meguiars Mirror Bright Polshing Wax
Mothers California Gold Brazilian Carnauba Cleaner Wax
Meguiars Mirror Glaze #6 Cleaner/Wax
Dodo Juice Need For Speed Cleaner Wax

cleanfreak3
05-20-2016, 09:58 AM
spray bottle with your choice of wash medium. rinse it off and put on a coat or two of a good wax like collinite 845 or 915. I use both and I'm sure there are others that work but both prevent water spots from sticking on my cars.

I just went through trying out CarPro Reload and noticed water spots stuck like glue and really ticked me off. That's for another thread though.....

My truck has Wolfgang Sealant and topped with Pinnacle Spray wax...the vinegar needs to be rinsed off? I have a clean surface, but it just contains the water spots.

TTQ B4U
05-20-2016, 11:27 AM
My truck has Wolfgang Sealant and topped with Pinnacle Spray wax...the vinegar needs to be rinsed off? I have a clean surface, but it just contains the water spots.

Can't speak to Pin pinnacle and it's ability to fight spotting. You can detail spray the surface after the vinegar spray.

cleanfreak3
05-20-2016, 11:57 AM
Can't speak to Pin pinnacle and it's ability to fight spotting. You can detail spray the surface after the vinegar spray.

Thanks for your help!

shagnat
06-16-2016, 01:07 AM
Sounds like type-I water spots (surface based). Pinnacle Souveran is not a cleaner wax.
A cleaner wax would remove the type-1 spots. If you google Autogeek you'll see a number of cleaner waxes:
Griot's Garage Cleaner Wax
Meguiars Mirror Bright Polshing Wax
Mothers California Gold Brazilian Carnauba Cleaner Wax
Meguiars Mirror Glaze #6 Cleaner/Wax
Dodo Juice Need For Speed Cleaner Wax

I would add Poorboys cleaner wax to the mix..... most all of these are pretty good and should provide the results you want.

Best of luck.

Scoobertin
06-16-2016, 05:36 AM

Did you get your water spots taken care off? I have WG sealant on my vehicle and never had an issue with water spots when taking it to a coin opt for rinsing with just water. After the high pressure water rinse I use the no spot rinse and drive it home and proceed to wash vehicle at home and never had an issue. The water just slid off on the way home.

cleanfreak3
07-05-2016, 03:39 PM
Yes I got them taken care of. I mixed up some vinegar and Wolfgang uber rinseless, misted and wiped my truck down and they disappeared.

figgie
07-19-2016, 10:42 AM
well for future reference (as I am sure you learned).

Do not let the water dry on the paint, even if it is soft water. Once you are done rinsing the car. start drying. This will at the very least minimize water spotting and at best, help you avoid them all together.

cleanfreak3
08-17-2016, 06:42 AM
well for future reference (as I am sure you learned).

Do not let the water dry on the paint, even if it is soft water. Once you are done rinsing the car. start drying. This will at the very least minimize water spotting and at best, help you avoid them all together.

I like to go to the coin opt and spray off the vehicle before doing a rinseless...obviously I can't start drying until after I perform the rinseless wash. Not sure what to do differently.