PDA

View Full Version : McKee's 37 Rinse Free Wash & Wax vs. Wolfgang Uber Rinseless

Mike Honcho
05-19-2016, 09:00 PM
Anyone here use both? Which one did you like better? Reasons?

Hoytman
05-19-2016, 10:36 PM
It would only make sense that the Wolfgang Uber is a better product for obvious reasons...not just price point, but because the entire Wolfgang line was created to be superior...unless AG staff isn't letting the cat out of the bag allowing us to save money with the McKee "sleeper" products. LOL!

Real Riders
05-20-2016, 12:58 AM
I am going to take a guess and I say that Mckee's Rinse Free Wash and Wax works just as good as the Wolfgang

roguegeek
05-20-2016, 01:16 AM
I used DP Rinseless Wash for a while before switching to Wolfgang Uber Rinseless. IF the formula didn't change over when it was rebranded to McKee's (and it's somewhat safe to assume it didn't since most of it didn't, but someone please correct me if I'm wrong), then a post I made comparing the two would still be valid here. In that comparison, Wolfgang Uber Rinseless was a superior product in every way by a very long shot. So much so that is was my favorite new product of 2015 overall. It's just an absolutely great and highly versatile product.

Setec Astronomy
05-20-2016, 06:19 AM
It would only make sense that the Wolfgang Uber is a better product for obvious reasons...not just price point, but because the entire Wolfgang line was created to be superior...unless AG staff isn't letting the cat out of the bag allowing us to save money with the McKee "sleeper" products. LOL!

I used DP Rinseless Wash for a while before switching to Wolfgang Uber Rinseless. IF the formula didn't change over when it was rebranded to McKee's (and it's somewhat safe to assume it didn't since most of it didn't, but someone please correct me if I'm wrong), then a post I made comparing the two would still be valid here. In that comparison, Wolfgang Uber Rinseless was a superior product in every way by a very long shot. So much so that is was my favorite new product of 2015 overall. It's just an absolutely great and highly versatile product.

Hate to burst your bubbles, but from the "Product Expert" thread:

Nick, is the McKee's 37 Rinse Free Wash & Wax the same as DP? If not , how is improved?

Nope, all-new formula. Rinse Free Wash & Wax provides the most protection of any rinseless wash on the market. In theory you could use this one product to clean and protect your paint if used on a weekly basis, and never use anything else.

Mantilgh
05-20-2016, 07:40 AM
I have both and have tried them literally side by side at the same time.

Very similar products. I couldn't tell if one was slicker than the other. Maybe Uber. The only difference I could see was that Uber dried, or flashed slightly slower.

I typically grab the McKee's because I have a gallon of if and its priced a little less, but you need less of the Uber. McKee's is nice, and have not had any streaking issues with it. You can let it dry on the paint then go over it with your damp drying towel with no issues.

I really do like Uber, and the smell is delicious. If it was just for me and my car, I would go with Uber, but I think it may be the smell, color, and all the rave reviews that make me think that.

I used McKee's on a guys car the other day and after he said, "Wow, what wax did you use? It looks great!"

Nick McKees37
05-20-2016, 07:49 AM
Here's my take:

Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash is a better choice for a "weekly" wash because it does not contain any substantial protection ingredients that will "build up." This is what I use on my personal vehicle which is washed weekly.

McKee's 37 Rinse Free Wash & Wax is what I use on my wife's daily driver, because I tend to only wash it once a month, maybe twice. McKee's provides substantial protection; the same protective ingredients (carnauba wax and synthetic polymers) works to keep your vehicle cleaner in between washes (another reason why I use it on my wife's car).

They're both top-notch products that are formulated very differently. Which one is best for you depends on what you're looking for in a rinseless wash and how often you wash your vehicle.

Setec Astronomy
05-20-2016, 08:12 AM
Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash is a better choice for a "weekly" wash because it does not contain any substantial protection ingredients that will "build up."

So you're saying there is such a thing as washing your car "too much" with McKee's 37 RFW&W?

Mike Honcho
05-20-2016, 11:00 AM
So you're saying there is such a thing as washing your car "too much" with McKee's 37 RFW&W?

Great question!

Mike Honcho
05-20-2016, 11:00 AM
Thanks for the help, guys!

roguegeek
05-20-2016, 03:15 PM
Hate to burst your bubbles, but from the "Product Expert" thread:

Oh nice. Makes sense.