PDA

View Full Version : Switching over some stuff from CG to AG.

Pages : 1 [2] 3

idriveblackcars
06-04-2016, 03:51 PM
I just don't get all the CG hate. I don't think some of you tried everything they offer. Their shampoos are better than pretty much most of the stuff out there.

And jetseal gets knocked down here too and it's a better sealant than WG.

usmcpab
06-04-2016, 04:53 PM
I just don't get all the CG hate. I don't think some of you tried everything they offer. Their shampoos are better than pretty much most of the stuff out there.

And jetseal gets knocked down here too and it's a better sealant than WG.

Very subjective. Jetseal was the first sealant I ever used, plus CG is local to me. At the time I was blown away by the results. One day though I found autogeek. I continuously would read how awesome BFWD was so I purchased it. In my opinion BFWD outclassed jetseal. It was easier to spread, much easier to buff off, and left behind a slicker finish plus a glossier finish. WG was the second sealant and I put WG and BFWD in the same class. I tried many other products from autogeek from companies I had never heard of and realized that they were far superior. I still will use some of their car soaps, but that's the extent of it. There are other shampoos with better characteristics that better suit my needs.

I realize that some products require marketing. But I've become a skeptic when a product is over marketed and over hyped. In my opinion a good product requires some form of marketing, however a great product is marketed by the consumer. Just like a good detailer advertises for steady work, a great detailer can have steady work without the necessity of advertising.

idriveblackcars
06-04-2016, 05:02 PM
Very subjective. Jetseal was the first sealant I ever used, plus CG is local to me. At the time I was blown away by the results. One day though I found autogeek. I continuously would read how awesome BFWD was so I purchased it. In my opinion BFWD outclassed jetseal. It was easier to spread, much easier to buff off, and left behind a slicker finish plus a glossier finish. WG was the second sealant and I put WG and BFWD in the same class. I tried many other products from autogeek from companies I had never heard of and realized that they were far superior. I still will use some of their car soaps, but that's the extent of it. There are other shampoos with better characteristics that better suit my needs.

I realize that some products require marketing. But I've become a skeptic when a product is over marketed and over hyped. In my opinion a good product requires some form of marketing, however a great product is marketed by the consumer. Just like a good detailer advertises for steady work, a great detailer can have steady work without the necessity of advertising.

Have you tried the newer version of jetseal? I dunno I tried a few sealants over the last 2 summers and it's still my go to. It just works . Winters are no issues with jetseal.

custmsprty
06-04-2016, 05:37 PM
Have you tried the newer version of jetseal? I dunno I tried a few sealants over the last 2 summers and it's still my go to. It just works . Winters are no issues with jetseal.

Jetseal was one of the CG products I tossed out. I didn't like it nor did it live up to it's billing longevity wise down here in the Florida summer weather.

Navish360
06-04-2016, 05:41 PM
The car shampoo from CG is reliable because it's not actually made by them. This is based off what I have been told from some people. CG products I only have right now are HV7, and some microfiber wash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

briarpatch
06-04-2016, 05:41 PM
As a newb myself in this obsession, it's easy to get caught up in the Chemical Guys hype. I like their soaps, and like the OP, like their Butter Wet Wax. I did like the fact that they showed their products being used in videos, and that is big to people getting started. Their biggest issue is their customer service, which leaves a lot to be desired. They do get a bad rap in general, which is a shame. I still use their VRP as a tire dressing, and I've used Pete's 53, which gave me very good results.

lane5515
06-04-2016, 05:46 PM
Jetseal was one of the CG products I tossed out. I didn't like it nor did it live up to it's billing longevity wise down here in the Florida summer weather.

Same here. Total crap IMO, but each to their own.

Handz
06-04-2016, 05:46 PM
Made the Switch from Chemical Guys to Masterson's Car Care. Best Switch I Ever Made!!!

Jeremy1976
06-04-2016, 05:54 PM
I have 2 white cars. I do a full detail twice a year on both. Every spring and every fall before winter. I live in Wisconsin and we have some pretty harsh winters. After a full detail last season in fall, and applying 2 coats of Jet Seal, I was amazed at the amount of iron deposits (orange spots) all over both white cars mid winter after a hand wash. It was worse than I have ever seen and our winter was very mild. Both cars were done end of November and beginning of February they were both peppered. Not big on Jet Seal after that. It was almost like I had nothing in the car, or the product was bin song with the contaminants. I'm using it up then will be looking for a better sealant.

Yes, some products are good from CG, others sub par in my experience. Again, for me it is the crappy CS that got me looking elsewhere and ended me up here.

Jeremy1976
06-04-2016, 05:55 PM

What are the products full names for the acronyms? I'm in the market for a good sealant.

Joe@NextLevelDetail
06-04-2016, 06:25 PM
The CG hate is strong on this forum. Lol

There polishes are junk.

However there soaps are some of the best.

There cleaners work.

And jetseal is ok in my book, my neighbor has had it on his daily driver van that stays outside in Chicago winters for over a year. I however do maintain it, but just use spray wax while drying.

Are there better products? Of course they are, i only use a few things by CG, but they dont deserve the level of hate they do get lol.

I do agree with the polishes though.

idriveblackcars
06-04-2016, 07:05 PM
I don't want people to get the wrong idea, I'm not a CG fan boy lol but I'm not going to say all their stuff sucks when I myself have had great success, including jetseal.

I don't use their polish, but I will always wash my car with their soaps and clean my micros with their concentrate its very good!

idriveblackcars
06-04-2016, 07:08 PM

Jetseal lasted through a very harsh New England winner just fine. But I'm always up for trying out just about anything on my own cars,

custmsprty
06-04-2016, 07:20 PM
Jetseal lasted through a very harsh New England winner just fine. But I'm always up for trying out just about anything on my own cars,

The summer tropical sun beating on a non garaged daily driver down here in Florida combined with daily torrential rains for 4 months straight will test the limits of the best sealants. Jetseal was history after 4-5 weeks.

Jeremy1976
06-04-2016, 07:26 PM
The summer tropical sun beating on a non garaged daily driver down here in Florida combined with daily torrential rains for 4 months straight will test the limits of the best sealants. Jetseal was history after 4-5 weeks.
Imagine sub zero temps and then drastic temp changes that fluctuate 40- 50 degrees, wind, rain, snow, and road salt.....

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk