PDA

View Full Version : Onr

white97
05-19-2016, 11:27 AM
Being in Indiana I never felt like waterless wash would be a good option but maybe it will be for summer months. I will at least get to use it for QD. when you guys use ONR do you use a grit gaurd in each bucket or no only one in the rinse? Also I have a showcar I keep it under a california car cover all year long inside a garage but would that be a great option instead of traditional dusting before a show?

Bananaz
05-19-2016, 11:37 AM
I use a grit guard in the rinse bucket only. It wouldn't hurt in both though.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

expdetailing
05-19-2016, 11:38 AM
FWIW, I like to use many towels instead of just one sponge. When a towel becomes dirty, I put it aside and just use another new towel. With this method, my bucket never sees dirt, and a fresh portion of the towel always cleans the paint.

Father87
05-19-2016, 12:06 PM
Yvan from Optimum said a grit guard isn't needed due to the encapsulating properties of ONR will trap and sink the dirt to the bottom of bucket anyway. Of course having a grit guard helps reduce current of water and having the dirt flow back upwards. A grit guard can't do anything but help and it's a cheap and permanent product, I'd say use it too.

pheerix
05-19-2016, 12:11 PM
I'm a huge Rinseless wash believer but no amount of zwitterionic, nano-encapsulating polymers is going to encapsulate larger debris like a pebble, small leaf, twigs, bugs, etc.

Audle1228
05-19-2016, 01:32 PM
FWIW, I like to use many towels instead of just one sponge. When a towel becomes dirty, I put it aside and just use another new towel. With this method, my bucket never sees dirt, and a fresh portion of the towel always cleans the paint.
I'm new to the forums but I've been watching what people post. I just purchased a bunch of pink flush microfiber towels for the ONR rinse less wash. And my question is what do you do with the wet towels when you finished your wash?

parshooter
05-19-2016, 02:04 PM
I'm a huge Rinseless wash believer but no amount of zwitterionic, nano-encapsulating polymers is going to encapsulate larger debris like a pebble, small leaf, twigs, bugs, etc.

If a car is that dirty, I wouldn't do a rinseless wash, unless I take it to the self-serve wand wash place for a quick blasting off of said contanimants.

parshooter
05-19-2016, 02:06 PM
I'm new to the forums but I've been watching what people post. I just purchased a bunch of pink flush microfiber towels for the ONR rinse less wash. And my question is what do you do with the wet towels when you finished your wash?

I hand wring out as much fluid as possible, then toss them into a laundry basket. The drying towels go in there too. I machine wash all my towels after I'm done with the job.

Bananaz
I love ONR right before I'm going to detail the exterior of a vehicle and don't have access to water. It's perfect because even if I ever so slightly do anything wrong to the paint I'm correcting it right after

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

pheerix

Launder them

Audle1228
05-19-2016, 02:44 PM
Ok thanks everybody.