PDA

View Full Version : How to Keep a New White Car Looking New

vwaudifan
05-18-2016, 08:26 PM
Thanks for this forum. I have a new white car which I use for my work commute. It gets bug coverage from the highway drive and grime as well.
The car is a glossy white, and I need help keeping it looking sharp.
What should I use to wash the car? What can I do to protect the hood and bumper from bugs and make these more easily removable? Finally,
should I wax the car? And what glass cleaner works well? Thank you for your assistance!

FishyX
05-18-2016, 08:45 PM
I'll let the experts answer your product questions but I will say that I really miss having a white vehicle. To me, it was always the easiest color to keep looking good.

Setec Astronomy
05-18-2016, 08:57 PM
Well, what you're asking doesn't really pertain just to a white car, but to any car. Your questions are rather broad and there are many ways to skin the cat, so to speak.

The most important thing is frequent washing. Proper wash technique will prevent the wash process from degrading the finish. Yes, you should use a "wax" (this could be a wax, sealant, hybrid product, coating, etc.). All the glass cleaners are good, really. You should also look at something to protect any black/gray trim from UV degradation.

Is the car garaged? Do you have access to a hose for washing and shade for detailing?

Mantilgh
05-18-2016, 08:58 PM
From what I hear you could go with a coating if you want ultimate protection and ease of cleaning.

Car Paint, Glass & Trim Coatings, permanent paint coatings, trim coatings, car glass coating (http://www.autogeek.net/car-paint-glass-and-trim-coatings.html)

But in general, keeping a good coat of wax or sealant on the paint and upkeeping with a spray "wax" will also make it relatively easy.

Wax? Sure! But some of the new spray sealants are just too easy.

Plus one on what Setec said. Good maintainance, good wash technique.

vwaudifan
05-18-2016, 09:15 PM
What car wash (soap) is best for the paint? Thank you all for your responses.

Car is garaged
I can wash at home
I have been using the wand car wash to remove bugs from front of car

lane5515
05-18-2016, 09:28 PM
What car wash (soap) is best for the paint? Thank you all for your responses.

Car is garaged
I can wash at home
I have been using the wand car wash to remove bugs from front of car

Optimum Car Wash - I've tried several and this is the best IMO.