PDA

View Full Version : Help me pick a coating for Porsche GT3

Pages : [1] 2 3

ViperGuy21
05-18-2016, 04:55 PM
I'll be doing a 997 GT3 the second weekend in June with a full correction and coating. I have never done a coating before. My plan is to go with OPT GC, but am open to other options. I initially looked at Uber, but it is so much more expensive than GC, and can't see how it would be that much better.
My main goals, in order, are:
-Make it look awesome(its white so this is a little taller of an order, but looks are definitely important)
-Protection(Strong protection, and last 2+ years)
-Easy enough for a first timer
Feed back pleaseFeed back pleaseFeed back please

The Guz
05-18-2016, 05:16 PM
Gloss Coat is very user friendly. It looks great. I used it on my uncles 2010 Camaro and it looked great. The car looked great the other day when I saw it. Pinnacle Black Label is also user friendly. I have it on my mom's car and it's been holding up rather well.

I have some more Gloss Coat for my personal vehicles that I plan to use soon. The new version offers 3 years as does PBL.

GSKR
05-18-2016, 05:37 PM
I'll be doing a 997 GT3 the second weekend in June with a full correction and coating. I have never done a coating before. My plan is to go with OPT GC, but am open to other options. I initially looked at Uber, but it is so much more expensive than GC, and can't see how it would be that much better.
My main goals, in order, are:
-Make it look awesome(its white so this is a little taller of an order, but looks are definitely important)
-Protection(Strong protection, and last 2+ years)
-Easy enough for a first timer
Feed back pleaseFeed back pleaseFeed back pleaseDepends on how much he is payin you.I did a gtr porche brandnew not a daily driver customer wanted to spend 300.00 tops.mckees coating it was,easy on easy off 3 hrs of work done.car didn't need nothing came from dealer flawless which is rare.wash tried ironx didn't even turn purple no iron or fallout,gave it a light clay and coated it.pretty nice stuff for the money.

ViperGuy21
05-18-2016, 05:39 PM
Gloss Coat is very user friendly. It looks great. I used it on my uncles 2010 Camaro and it looked great. The car looked great the other day when I saw it. Pinnacle Black Label is also user friendly. I have it on my mom's car and it's been holding up rather well.

I have some more Gloss Coat for my personal vehicles that I plan to use soon. The new version offers 3 years as does PBL.

I know there is no such thing as "The BEST," but out of those two which would you say you prefer? Or is it pretty indistinguishable? The Pinnacle would be nice because I would have leftover and can do glass, but it would cost a lot more...

ViperGuy21
05-18-2016, 05:43 PM
Depends on how much he is payin you.I did a gtr porche brandnew not a daily driver customer wanted to spend 300.00 tops.mckees coating it was,easy on easy off 3 hrs of work done.car didn't need nothing came from dealer flawless which is rare.wash tried ironx didn't even turn purple no iron or fallout,gave it a light clay and coated it.pretty nice stuff for the money.

This is my uncle's car so I'm just having him purchase the coating

Mike lambert
05-18-2016, 05:57 PM
You want white to pop? Pm me

ViperGuy21
05-18-2016, 05:59 PM
You want white to pop? Pm me

I tried but your inbox is full

LSNAutoDetailing
05-18-2016, 06:19 PM
Hands down the easiest coating is Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Coating. You won't be disappointed.

You'll need:
PBL Diamond Coating
PBL Diamond Coating Surface Prep
PBL Diamond Coating QD, although, any QD is fine.

Mike lambert
05-18-2016, 06:43 PM
Email me, theshineshopdetailing@gmail

ViperGuy21
05-18-2016, 06:49 PM
Hands down the easiest coating is Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Coating. You won't be disappointed.

You'll need:
PBL Diamond Coating
PBL Diamond Coating Surface Prep
PBL Diamond Coating QD, although, any QD is fine.

If I go with the PBL I will just get the kit with the coatings, prep polish, applicators, and 2 miracle towels. Do you have any pictures of cars coated in PBL? Any white ones? Have you used OC and can compare with PBL?

ViperGuy21
05-18-2016, 06:52 PM
Email me, theshineshopdetailing@gmail

Sent!

Rsurfer
05-18-2016, 07:13 PM
If I go with the PBL I will just get the kit with the coatings, prep polish, applicators, and 2 miracle towels. Do you have any pictures of cars coated in PBL? Any white ones? Have you used OC and can compare with PBL?

You need to trust the person recommending the product. Pictures can be deceiving..depending on the camera, lighting and the person taking the shots.

ViperGuy21
05-18-2016, 07:27 PM
You need to trust the person recommending the product. Pictures can be deceiving..depending on the camera, lighting and the person taking the shots.

Fair enough, but I'd still like to hear what those who have use both PBL and OPT have to say about which they prefer.
I like the idea of having extra product with PBL, but am worried about expiration/going bad. How long does this take?
How much product would I use to do a GT3, paint and wheels? How much OPT, how much PBL?

LSNAutoDetailing
05-18-2016, 08:26 PM

http://photos.looks-so-new-autodetailing.com/ipod/IpodSlideshow.aspx?gallery=4676109&mt=Photo&ssas=True

No white, aside from PBL, I use CQUK.

ViperGuy21
05-18-2016, 08:43 PM
photos.looks-so-new-autodetailing.com (http://photos.looks-so-new-autodetailing.com/ipod/IpodSlideshow.aspx?gallery=4676109&mt=Photo&ssas=True)

No white, aside from PBL, I use CQUK.
Thanks for the pics!
About how much PBL do you use per car?