PDA

View Full Version : Need help with bird drop etchings

ugafiredawg
05-18-2016, 04:13 PM
I need help with removing two bird drop etchings on the roof of my brand new BLACK truck. One is the size of a dime, and the other one is slightly smaller. I attempted to remove them with a WG Uber followed by WG Finishing Glaze on a PC, but I can still see the etchings in the sun.

I have heard that wet sanding may remove them, but I am not skilled enough to take on this task, especially on a new vehicle.

The clear coat is not cracked, but one is able to see the marks pretty well in the sunlight. They almost look like very fine waves in the paint, no discoloration. The droppings were on the truck less than 6 hrs before I removed them. What is really interesting, is that I had just applied WG Ceramic Coating a week earlier and the bird poop still appears to have etched the paint!

So, are there any recommendations for detailers in the Atlanta area, preferably the northern suburbs, that have the ability to remove this type of damage via wet sanding or other means? I tried to get a picture of the damage, but I cannot capture the damage well.

Thanks!!!

ugafiredawg
05-18-2016, 04:37 PM
Also I may add, maybe I should give something more aggressive a shot, like Megs 105/205? Would this be a better option than the WG Uber I applied? I did use it by hand with a microfiber applicator to no avail.

Mike lambert
05-18-2016, 06:00 PM
Try Meguiars D300 or M100 on a micro cut pad. Follow with a finishing Polish. That should help and both products are way cheaper.

ugafiredawg
05-18-2016, 06:18 PM
Try Meguiars D300 or M100 on a micro cut pad. Follow with a finishing Polish. That should help and both products are way cheaper.

Thanks! Any micro cut pad in particular? I have never used microfiber, only foam LC pads. Would my PC be enough to use this pad?