PDA

View Full Version : VIDEO: UDM cement mixer noises?? normal?

Carbon Blue
10-15-2007, 08:15 PM
Hey there everyone, I finally got my shipment from autogeek. I read the users manual and finally plugged the UDM in. I put the white pad on it just to see how it felt like. It works fine at all speeds and spins like crazy at speed 6! I just have one question, is it supposed to sound like a cement mixer at startup?? The sound is present at all speeds but becomes less audible as speeds increase. Any help/opinions would be appreciated! thanks you guys

Part 1-with white pad- excuse the packaging mess in the background :) that clicking noise you hear in the end is me adjusting the speed

- UDM

Part 2-no pad

- UDM-

excuse the packaging mess in the background :) that clicking noise you hear in the end is me adjusting the speed

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
10-15-2007, 08:28 PM
Sounds comparable to my PC

Carbon Blue
10-15-2007, 08:30 PM
thanks for your input, I just searched some youtube vids and it sounds pretty similar. I feel like im obsessing!

budman3
10-15-2007, 08:30 PM
That's normal. It'll go away when you put a load on it. It's something to do with the bearings and oscillation.

Carbon Blue
10-15-2007, 08:58 PM
thanks budman3

Bernard
10-18-2007, 10:30 AM
Sounds just like any other powertools.... I guess it's coz of the higher power the machine produce. Yes I feel it's normal as I have seen some other youtube vids & the UDM vs PC vids when the UDM was fisrt released. Urs seems to sound similar too.

I own a 2 DA machine and both are quite loud for my liking too. But you'll get used to it. If the UDM is smooth and working, I wouldn't worry much on the sound. And yes like Budman3 said, I notice when polishing, when we put pressure on the machine, it does seems quieter. :)