PDA

View Full Version : "sprayable" tire shine/dressing

Pages : [1] 2

Stegs
05-18-2016, 10:03 AM
Well guys its time for me to get another gallon of tire shine. Wondering what you guys suggest for a "sprayable" tire shine.

Just so you know, i like to be able to spray it on as i have mud tires on my truck with deep grooves so its hard to apply a product like VRP (which i have)

I use a product from my local car detailer supply house. Its called blue velvet. Its labeled thru the company i buy it from but its probably a private labeled car brite products

Anyway, let me know what you guys suggest, on my tires i do prefer a medium to high shine/gloss. I like the "wet" look on tires. And as i mentioned above, i buy it in gallon size so whatever you suggest!

Please let me know what you have had good luck with!!

Setec Astronomy
05-18-2016, 10:14 AM
You spray it on with a spray bottle, and then do what? No wiping?

frankprozzoly
05-18-2016, 10:27 AM
I like hyper dressing. Doesn't last long but it's quick and easy and looks good

Eldorado2k
05-18-2016, 10:27 AM
I'll recommend Meguiars Hyper Dressing.

http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-hyper-dressing.html

It can be diluted up to 4:1. I use it 1:1.
It can be sprayed directly on the tires, however I like to apply by spraying onto a gray flagged tip brush and then brushing it into the tires in order to avoid overspray.

Here's some tires I applied it to this past weekend. [it's also great on wheel wells]

Before:

After:

On big tires such as these you either want to make sure you brush the dressing into the tire really good or hit them with some air to blow dry them afterwards [i.e. Master Blaster Sidekick] or you may end up with sling.. It's not so much an issue with normal tires, but big tires like that are prone to slinging. [as you probably already know]

Desertnate
05-18-2016, 10:33 AM
The only spray tire shine that leaves a "wet look" that I've used is Meguiars Hot Shine. However, I've not had good luck with it. Durability is almost nil, and it turned my tires an ugly rust brown when it wore off...or got wet. I do use Duragloss #253 (Duragloss Tire & Rubber Mat Dressing (TMD) #253 (http://www.autogeek.net/duragloss-tire---rubber-mat-dressing.html)) but don't consider it a spray as I apply it via an applicator. It could come in a bottle with a spout and work just as well.

You might be better off getting a gallon size of a good tire product and then use one of the tire brushes sold here: Carrand Brush & Shine Tire Dressing Applicators, tire brush, tire shine applicator (http://www.autogeek.net/carrand-tire-dressing-brush.html)

The brushes would allow for fast, accurate application of large surface areas like your truck tires. I currently use a foam pad, but am really looking at those brushes for when the pads wear out. Using a pad or brush really lessens the potential for over-spray getting on your wheels and paint.

parttimer
05-18-2016, 10:56 AM
PERL, OptiBond or megs Hyper Dressing.

frankprozzoly
05-18-2016, 12:13 PM
What does a gray flagged tip brush look like?

Setec Astronomy
05-18-2016, 12:14 PM

They're talking about the Carrand brush that was linked above.

I actually think I have one of those somewhere, I wonder where and if I'll ever use it...

frankprozzoly
05-18-2016, 12:28 PM
I see i scrolled by it

Eldorado2k
05-18-2016, 12:32 PM

This is a flagged tip brush.

Stegs
05-18-2016, 12:35 PM

Meguiars D170 Hyper Dressing (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-hyper-dressing.html)

It can be diluted up to 4:1. I use it 1:1.
It can be sprayed directly on the tires, however I like to apply by spraying onto a gray flagged tip brush and then brushing it into the tires in order to avoid overspray.

Here's some tires I applied it to this past weekend. [it's also great on wheel wells]

Before:

After:

On big tires such as these you either want to make sure you brush the dressing into the tire really good or hit them with some air to blow dry them afterwards [i.e. Master Blaster Sidekick] or you may end up with sling.. It's not so much an issue with normal tires, but big tires like that are prone to slinging. [as you probably already know]

this is basically what i have
Meguires hyper shine came up more than a few times in this thread, and i was leaning that way also. I have the D156 and non acid wheel cleaner from megs pro line....i should just keep using megs pro line....great stuff.

Its settled, ill order some hyper shine

EDIT: just ordered some with a spray bottle. I like the fact its water based, so i can also use it inside the vehicle!! No more silicone based stuff.

Father87
05-18-2016, 01:09 PM
From Optimum Opti-Bond site:
Application:

Opti-Bond Tire Gel can be applied a couple of ways. You can wipe it on with a foam applicator, just like a traditional tire dressing. The other option is to dilute the gel 1:1 with water and apply it with a spray gun. The gun will deliver a fine mist over the tires and wheel wells. This is a great option for professional detailers and garages. Wipe away excess tire gel with a foam pad or a lint-free towel.

Setec Astronomy
05-18-2016, 01:25 PM
From Optimum Opti-Bond site:
Application:

Opti-Bond Tire Gel can be applied a couple of ways. You can wipe it on with a foam applicator, just like a traditional tire dressing. The other option is to dilute the gel 1:1 with water and apply it with a spray gun. The gun will deliver a fine mist over the tires and wheel wells. This is a great option for professional detailers and garages. Wipe away excess tire gel with a foam pad or a lint-free towel.

The spray gun they are referring to is a metal one that gets hooked up to an air compressor, not sure if that's what the OP meant by spraying.

parshooter
05-18-2016, 03:47 PM

Thanks, you just cost me $50.00 :coolgleam:
Although I was looking for something new for my tires.

Stegs
05-19-2016, 06:06 AM
The spray gun they are referring to is a metal one that gets hooked up to an air compressor, not sure if that's what the OP meant by spraying.

no sorry. What i meant was put it in a bottle with a sprayer. I meant "sprayable" in the sense that it can be sprayed or misted on the tires over putting it on a applicator and wiping it on (like a gel or VRP)

Having mud terrain tires on my truck with deep grooves on the side wall, hard to "wipe" on dressing and get it in there.

I ordered some hyper dressing and a spray bottle....seems as of lately i find more and more meguires professional line 1 gallon jugs in my garage. I havent been let down yet with them. Looking forward to a water based dressing i can use inside and out!!