PDA

View Full Version : working on an r1 and a older hyundai questions

ascarbo27
05-17-2016, 09:20 AM
for the r1, i only have the 21mm throw torq machine. there are lots of tight areas should I invest in the gg 3 inch or get a kompact? of course with the r1 he has a sister and brother in law that own some huge company and this is a test to see if they want theirs done...

for the hyundai he just wants his leather cleaned, he says he has already cleaned it but can still see some dirt. i have cg apc the citrus and the nonsence and i figure i can just get it with a toothbrush? then treat with wg conditioner? just looking for some opinions these are both really close family friends

Setec Astronomy
05-17-2016, 09:34 AM
The GG 3" is a marginal machine for paint correction, although you can get somewhere with it using MF pads. The Flex Compact as a rotary, of course has the inherent risk associated with that kind of machine.

You do have some other options, like setting up a standard 8mm throw DA with a 3" pad, or the new Rupes Nano.

ascarbo27
05-17-2016, 09:53 AM
the 21mm is the only machine i have haha im still pretty new to this and the non consistent clientele isnt helping the bank either. thats why i would go for a cheaper machine but the kompact rotary i figure at speed 1 it couldnt do much damage with a orange foam pad? ive never used a rotary thats why i assume haha

Setec Astronomy
05-17-2016, 10:01 AM
Keep the pads small, soft, and the speed low on the Kompact and you should be fine, just use some common sense, careful on edges, don't overheat the paint on plastic substrates.

ascarbo27
05-17-2016, 10:07 AM
ok sweet, if i use hd speed how many passes with say a 3 in pad

Setec Astronomy
05-17-2016, 10:13 AM
No idea.

ascarbo27
05-17-2016, 10:15 AM
haha, this is where the learning starts. hands on.