PDA

View Full Version : cement removal

StephenK
10-15-2007, 06:28 PM
i know have seen a product to remove cement from a vehicle just cant remember where or what is was. does anyone know of a product that removes dried on cement from paint?

joe.p
10-15-2007, 06:43 PM
i know have seen a product to remove cement from a vehicle just cant remember where or what is was. does anyone know of a product that removes dried on cement from paint?

Topoftheline sells a product to reverse the curing process in cement

New Product Dissolves Concrete Safely!

For years, our customers have been asking, "How can I remove the cement splattered all over my car?" This is the only product we've found that can do it safely, and effectively

RoMix Chemical Company developed this molecular cement dissolver as an alternative to using hazardous acids for concrete removal. Back-Set is a one-of-a-kind formula. It uses an active ingredient found in sugar cane syrup, and is completely biodegradable.

StephenK
10-15-2007, 06:46 PM
Topoftheline sells a product to reverse the curing process in cement

RoMix Chemical Company developed this molecular cement dissolver as an alternative to using hazardous acids for concrete removal. Back-Set is a one-of-a-kind formula. It uses an active ingredient found in sugar cane syrup, and is completely biodegradable.

i will check topoftheline. i knew i seen it some where but could not remember where. do you have a link for Back-Set or is that on topoftheline site? thanks

ScottB
10-15-2007, 06:48 PM
I was thinking a chisel ... seriously ! Once it has dried, it must be a bugger to remove. Soap and water usually remove while wet.

bill walsh
10-15-2007, 07:08 PM
dry ice also

joe.p
10-15-2007, 07:18 PM
i will check topoftheline. i knew i seen it some where but could not remember where. do you have a link for Back-Set or is that on topoftheline site? thanks

i would offer up a link but that would only smoke killers wheels...GOOGLE is your friend :)

TOGWT
10-16-2007, 03:33 AM
Concrete Spots:
Calcified water spots on paint and glass, water and concrete spots are pretty much the same chemically; calcium carbonate, with the concrete being cross-linked with water

Removal

Apply 1:1 ratio water with distilled White Vinegar solution, and using a spray bottle, spray that mixture on the spots and let them "soak." Then rinse with water and repeat as necessary.
If the ambient temperature water/vinegar mix does not work, warm (100-120 degrees) 100% distilld White Vinegar, saturate a clean kitchen sponge with pure vinegar and hold the sponge over the concrete spots for a few minutes
If the above do not remove them try equal parts distilled water, isopropyl alcohol and distilled white vinegar. The acid in the vinegar will help etch and dissolve the concrete.
Rinse the area thoroughly with water after the vinegar and then reapply wax or sealant to that area.a) To remove concrete that has set use the A B C Decontamination / Neutralization system (http:// www.) a safe alkaline wash and neutralizing system the ABC wash apparently loosens the bond with the clear coat, after using the wash simply lift off any concrete with a plastic razor, for smaller specks use detailers clay, any subsequent etching will require an abrasive to level the paint surface, and then reapply wax or sealant to that area.

b) Back-Set by Romix is an acid alternative with no fumes or odours, molecularly breaks down the ionic bond in Portland cement, completely dissolving and releasing the hardened cement from any surface it is adhered to. Always apply Back-Set to a dry surface area-http://www.

julian
10-18-2007, 12:17 AM
Extreme remedy! after you try everything else...
This may be hard to swallow, but I recently had picked up some epoxy splatters from the road. That stuff is like iron, to finally remove after trying everything I could imagine, I had to wet the area with soap water and take a brand new single edge razor blade "yikes" and then proceed to angle the blade perfectly and lift off from underneath the epoxy. It took some real patients. It was all I could do, - after I was done, I buffed everything out and I can't tell I ever had a problem.

ASPHALT ROCKET
10-18-2007, 12:24 AM
Joe P. said it best, try that site.