PDA

View Full Version : Did Uber Ceramic...now what?

BudgetPlan1
05-15-2016, 12:36 PM
Between WG Uber Compound, Total Swirl Remover and Finishing Glaze (and Meguires D300 and M101) got our 3 black cars ready and then dropped Uber Ceramic on each of them.

What am I supposed to do now? No need for Quick Detailer anymore so now just wash, dry and that's it? Life will be so empty without the post wash detail spray wipedown...

Seriously though, if car just has dust on it, how to clean up if I don't need full wash? Has it ever been decided if WG detail spritz worthwhile or any quick detailer for that matter? Kinda leaves a hole in my procedures...

MstrJosh
05-15-2016, 12:45 PM
Being so low maintenance is why I was hesitant on ceramic coatings. I just use ONR diluted to detail spray to clean the dust up, having so much free time now makes me want to go back to wax.

TTQ B4U
05-15-2016, 12:47 PM
Being a black car owner I've learned to embrace dust. My baby was dustless at 10am and now she's got a nice coat of 3D Metallic flake. Still looks awesome :)

The Guz
05-15-2016, 02:36 PM
You could still use a QD as a drying aid. If you wish to stay in the wolfgang family you can use the product you have. Just be aware that the characteristics of the spray wax will be seen versus the characteristics of the coating.

I have see another member use Uber rinseless wash as rinseless wash and waterless wash on the uber coating he has.

mwoolfso
05-15-2016, 02:59 PM
>> Just be aware that the characteristics of the spray wax will be seen versus the characteristics of the coating.

I suspect the wax won't have long durability, but yeah it makes sense.

Best approach would be rinseless and basic car washes over time.

JeffM
05-15-2016, 05:20 PM
I have 4 sio2 sprays I use, plus hydro. There is always something to spray on the paint.

Justin at Final Inspection
05-15-2016, 07:10 PM
You can use Uber Rinseless wash diluted into a QD after washing and drying. Or if you feel like adding something top it with Hydro2.

Ebg18t
05-17-2016, 05:26 AM
If you feel the need mix up Uber Rinseless-Waterless as a QD. I keep some mixed up for bugs and bird poop. I use Uber Rinseless fir my maintenance washes and use the QD solution fir touch ups and keeping the Windows clean. It leaves a nice shine behind.

Link: Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash, no rinse car wash (http://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-uber-rinseless-wash.html)

BudgetPlan1
05-17-2016, 09:01 AM
If you feel the need mix up Uber Rinseless-Waterless as a QD. I keep some mixed up for bugs and bird poop. I use Uber Rinseless fir my maintenance washes and use the QD solution fir touch ups and keeping the Windows clean. It leaves a nice shine behind.

Link: Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash, no rinse car wash (http://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-uber-rinseless-wash.html)

Got some of the Uber Rinseless on the way...thanks for the suggestions.

BudgetPlan1
05-18-2016, 06:27 PM
Just got the Uber Rinseless, mixed at QD strength, went over black Subaru (Uber Ceramic coated) with it after 2 bucket hose wash, added a bit of gloss and much slickness. Nice. Moved to black Corvette that was Uber Ceramic coated, very light layer of garage dust, QD with the rinseless added nice bit of gloss, more so than Subie, and equal slickness...extremely nice! At 3oz per gallon for QD, it's a winner. With edge less Autogeek microfibers, no scratching or swirling says the Flex swirl finder light. Excellent stuff for light, quick cleanup.