PDA

View Full Version : Leather? Coated? Tactic for repair/cover?

irvsmith
05-15-2016, 11:16 AM
My 2013 XC90 is showing the wear and tear on and the side bolster. Can someone give me some info on the type of leather and some suggestions on who to best tackle the issue?

I am assuming this is coated leather and simply using Lexol or meguiars leather cleaner/conditioner help this? Will I have to repaint/coat it?
I used some AMMO lather interior cleanser after this picture and the crevices are a bit less pronounced but still there.

Thanks in advance.

GSKR
05-15-2016, 01:30 PM
Looks real dirty still after the ammo stuff.ultima cleaner gel with a horse hair soft brush will make a major improvement.when lathering the gel ,tug on the leather to expand those lines for effective cleaning.megs cleaner and conditioner in one is suited for light leather cleaning.I have a gallon and used it once.Degreaser is made for grease removal not leather,if you choose to go that route even diluted will remove a lot of color.at 11.99 a bottle you simply can't go wrong.lexol cleaner won't even make a dent in that good luck.

irvsmith
05-15-2016, 01:45 PM
Looks real dirty still after the ammo stuff.ultima cleaner gel with a horse hair soft brush will make a major improvement.when lathering the gel ,tug on the leather to expand those lines for effective cleaning.megs cleaner and conditioner in one is suited for light leather cleaning.I have a gallon and used it once.Degreaser is made for grease removal not leather,if you choose to go that route even diluted will remove a lot of color.at 11.99 a bottle you simply can't go wrong.lexol cleaner won't even make a dent in that good luck.

Thanks. I am a little confused as to which products you are recommending. Start with ultimata cleaner gel and then the megs cleaner and conditioner?

Just a point of clarification - this was before the AMMO cleanser.

Thanks for your help.

The Guz
05-15-2016, 02:15 PM
So how does it look after Ammo cleanser? You could use a soft bristled brush to get in between those crevices. A conditioner type product is not going to remove those natural cracks from normal wear and tear.

GSKR
05-15-2016, 02:23 PM
Ultima gel cleaner then your choice of conditioner.megs offer a cleaner and conditioner in one,I don't think it will suit your situation as far as cleaning power.I skimmed through the part about ammo.I don't know what it looks like now,but you don't want to keep cleaning that section repeatedly.

irvsmith
05-15-2016, 03:49 PM
I'll take a follow up photo. Gskr thanks for the clarification.