PDA

View Full Version : AGOnline less busy these days?

Hoytman
05-14-2016, 10:43 PM
I'm looking to find and or produce some nice background sounds/music for a video intro that I am currently producing. Hoping for any ideas, suggestions that I haven't explored yet?

Thanks

Ya Thanks Ski2. I've been scouring the forums for an answer like this. And this one is SPOT ON man ! ! !

Since Mike Phillips got so busy with other projects and television it seems to me like the traffic on this forum has slowed to a crawl. I've had that feeling for quite a while now and I log-in this evening to find a span of over an hour went by where no one posted at all. The two posts above were just over an hour apart. That longer between posts than I've ever noticed before. I'm sure there's been longer spans, but it seems to me this is happening at an increasing rate. Perhaps I am wrong.

Heisenberg
05-14-2016, 11:28 PM
Still a ton of traffic IMO - There's over 1500 people online right now and it's 11:30pm CST.

Just might not all be posting.

Calendyr
05-14-2016, 11:39 PM
Since Mike Phillips got so busy with other projects and television it seems to me like the traffic on this forum has slowed to a crawl. I've had that feeling for quite a while now and I log-in this evening to find a span of over an hour went by where no one posted at all. The two posts above were just over an hour apart. That longer between posts than I've ever noticed before. I'm sure there's been longer spans, but it seems to me this is happening at an increasing rate. Perhaps I am wrong.

The high season started for detailers. During the winter we have a ton of free time to hang on forums but during the spring/summer I expect most of us are working like crazy. Personally I have been doing 50-70 hours weeks for the past 3 weeks. And I still have some free time. So those of us who have more clients than they can handle are probably doing 12 hours days 6-7 days a week. So expect less people posting on forums.

mwoolfso
05-15-2016, 07:20 AM
The ocean current always ebbs and flows, waxes and wanes. It't the natural order of things. Stay the course.

GSKR
05-15-2016, 08:03 AM
It's not auto detailing related.

JeffM
05-15-2016, 08:23 AM
In the winter people have more time for the forum.

Hoytman
05-15-2016, 08:52 AM
Meant to post this in the off-topic section and I thought I had. Before clicking send I even discovered I originally hadn't and opened the off-topic section, but I had several pages open at one time and perhaps after cutting and pasting I simply pasted it back into the forum section I had cut it from...I know I tried. LOL!

Sorry about that Mod's.

Mantilgh
05-15-2016, 11:17 AM
The high season started for detailers. During the winter we have a ton of free time to hang on forums but during the spring/summer I expect most of us are working like crazy. Personally I have been doing 50-70 hours weeks for the past 3 weeks. And I still have some free time. So those of us who have more clients than they can handle are probably doing 12 hours days 6-7 days a week. So expect less people posting on forums.

^This. I'm working right now, and worked Mothers Day, but it seems to me it picks up this time of year on here. Lots new people and frequently asked questions.

Aaryn NZ
05-16-2016, 03:06 AM

Hey Bill,

I have to agree with you somewhat on this. I know that most of the time when I am online, the rest of the world isn't but when I am online around the same time as "morning" somewhere or "night time" somewhere, here or there, it just doesn't seem to be as busy as it was a few years ago. Also another thing I noticed late last year was the grumpyness. Seemed a whole lot of people were whining, angry, unsatisfied . . . just plain negative really. Almost made me not want to come here, then "life" happened & it didn't really matter. It has gotten better this year but I have noticed a few senior members that were great contributors haven't been around for quite a while now.

Aaryn NZ :xyxthumbs:

Setec Astronomy
05-16-2016, 06:01 AM
As others have said, I think it's just a seasonal variation. It's spring, people are busy doing spring cleaning, little league, getting their boats into the water, planting in the garden, going to graduations, etc. etc.