PDA

View Full Version : Touch up paint after Langka blob eliminator coming out "dull"

uhohitsstevo
05-14-2016, 04:09 PM
So i ordered Langka blob eliminator and it works amazing no complaints leaves the surface 100% flat and filled in the chip. the only complaint i have is that now the chip is dull. i put clear on it and used the eliminator again but since it was already flat and filled in from the touch up the clear all just came up I'm assuming. I don't know what i can do if anything to make it have a shiny finish. it does have a gloss finish before the langka.

wdmaccord
05-14-2016, 07:37 PM
Have you tried polishing it? I just did a porsche that was a two-step (base and clear) and I mixed them together 1:1 (Larry K style) and they looked dull after I wetsanded them. Once I polished, they were glossy.

uhohitsstevo
05-19-2016, 06:57 PM
bump, polishing it does not seem to do anything, i did not mix a clear coat in it, does anyone know if the langka sealant will add shine?

Mike Phillips
05-20-2016, 07:19 AM
Well normally a quality "car wax" or "synthetic paint sealant" will add shine to a paint. They tend not to do the opposite which would be to dull paint.

Have you contacted Langka tech support? If not I would start there. The manufacture normally knows their products and system best.

Let us know how this turns out.

:)

goldenlight
05-20-2016, 08:06 AM
a good finishing polish like m205 or Griots perfecting cream will do the trick