PDA

View Full Version : Applying W. Deep Gloss Paint Sealant (Question/Opinion?)

Miguelhz
05-13-2016, 10:23 PM
Hey everyone, I really just have a quick question. I think it is more of an opinion than a question. Anyway, I recently clayed and then cleansed the paint on my entire car before applying my usual coat of Wolfgang's Deep Gloss Paint Sealant. I have applied it by hand and also with my RO buffer. I couldn't remember what speed to set the machine to, so I just set it to 1.5. My thought was it was suppose to be low, kind of like hand applying it. Lol
I checked it today for the heck of it and the product page says to apply it at a speed of 4.5. Does anyone think this would make any difference? The shine and silky smoothness is there. Came off easily like usual and looks great. I can't see a difference from any other time. Any thoughts?

lane5515
05-13-2016, 10:31 PM
I think the most important thing is making sure you keep pad rotation while applying. A speed setting around 3-4 is usually easier to maintain rotation with a soft finishing pad.

Miguelhz
05-13-2016, 10:36 PM
That makes sense. I did make sure I did a lot of overlapping/rotating motion with a soft pad. I'm very picky about my car in particular so I know I had that part covered. Lol. Many thanks!!

van185
05-14-2016, 06:29 PM
I don't feel that the speed would make as much difference as just getting good coverage. A lot of people still apply wax and sealant by hand and get great results. You should be fine. I normally apply at 3.5 to 4.5 with a Flex.

Justin at Final Inspection
05-14-2016, 07:13 PM
I usually apply my sealants and waxes by machine with my 3in GG DA on speed 4. Keeps the pad rotation going and spreads a nice thin coat.